dying plants please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by confused110, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I've been growing for about 10 years with really not a single problem. I recently moved and I'm growing in a shed. When I first got here I got spider mites, and they just about killed me. I still have them but I use “jungle rain” on them once a week and I've had good success with plants since. I don't think this is a mite problem. The plants in question might have a spider on every other leaf set or even less. I have seen no webs like I did before I started using jungle rain. In fact over the last 8 months I've had the spiders I've really had no effects on the plants minus maybe a deal leaf or two which may or may not be from the spiders.

However, starting about 2 months ago I had shit go bad. First an entire set of 18 clones died. I'm not the best clone maker, but I usually do at least 50% so I make lots of extras I only needed 8 of the 18 and they all came off the plants in question. Then these plants just started getting worse and worse. Now I use cold water, and I do think it got a little too cold, 38* out of the tap. I don't check PH very often but it's usually around 7. For veg I usually never flush, just a scope of peters 20-20-20 at about 700 ppm with a bit of cal mag and O2 and I water as needed, been doing it for years with no problems. However, I did flush them with water yesterday and it was the nastiest yellow I've every seen. I even flushed them until in changed and it took 15+ gallons to achieve that.

For what I can guess I think I used too cold of water, and it blocked K from getting in, or I have salt buildup or MG deficiency. I've bought all new nutes, and will not be using the rest of the bag of soil (all the plants with problems came from the same bag). I do grow in a shed which is not ideal, but I have it set for 65* at 3' high. The floor might be a bit cold, I don't have a temp on it but plants closer to the door (which is colder) didn't have any more or less problems than the ones in the middle of the room so I don't see how it could be. Out of 5 plants 2 look just sick, 2 look ok, and one is just starting to change.

I'm at a loss, I completely flushed with 15+ gallons each and gave them nutrients. They have good light under a 600watt that isn't too close.

I have no idea how to post photos so I made an email account
    confused_1110@yahoo.com password is abc123 photos are in the draft box.