Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dxm

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thegreenlantern, Feb 20, 2003.

1. I had one 8oz bottle of CVS brand max strength tussin cough with 15mg of DXM per 5ml. Thats 720mg total. It was great.

2. Reading this thread pretty much convinced me to buy some more tussin today and do it again.

3. man i just drank the other half of that bottle
    im fucked again

4. yeah, I said I would never do it again, but I might just give it one more go

5. heres what i think:

last time, you tripped on waaay too much, got in over your head, and had a bad experience.

im gonna guess that youre one of the people who isnt compatible with dxm.. im guessing this because i AM compatible with dxm, and found the afterglow/hangover extremely enjoyable and pleasant my first few times. also, dxm makes me pretty much unable to feel fear, especially due to my environment.. this makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE to have a bad trip, except in the 'im dying' sense, which i dont get either.

more often, its me looking back and being amazed at how disturbingly fucked up i got without being scared even once

..i guess if you really want to dex you could MAYBE try like 200mg, which is a lot more mild and enjoyable to more people than 600+. 300 at the most.

if i knew more about this bad trip you had (like what exactly made it 'bad') i could maybe offer some more specific suggestions/advice.

6. I had more then half of a bottle of robbittussin-DM 8oz bottle and i had a bad trip...I was just hallucinating and i couldnt walk or see straight and i was scared cuz my mind was just freaking me out. Everything seemed 'evil' to me for some reason..I can't really explain it.

7. if you wanted to walk straight and not hallucinate, why did you do dxm in the first place? :)

8. hello! i was about to go to a party where i dont know anyone but my freind, so i might have to stay outside. in any case i want to know how much of a common DXM containing cough suryp i would drink to get a really light trip.

tell me the brand name and how much please.

9. robotussin MAX STRENGTH COUGH, 4oz/100ml (active ingredients should read 15mg dxm/5ml ONLY)

drink half, or a bit over half.. expect better sounding music and a euphoric, slightly trippy buzz. smoke bud with it

10. so i got some 4 ounces of Robo-DM and a dime of some shitty shwag brick weed. (I only paid $5 though, so its okay.) anyways, it doesent look like it is extra strength, but whatever, im gonna have some fun tonight!

11. fuck, i told you to get extra strength man.. expect to puke

what are the actives

12. Dextromenthorphan (HBr, USP 10 mg) and guaifenesen (USP 100 mg)

my little bodega did not have extra strength robo.

13. okay.. well.. drink the whole thing.

and try to avoid puking for the first hour

14. I've noticed a few places that don't stock syrups with DXM as the only active ingredient, anymore at least.

There was a thing on the news just the other day: "Over the counter high" etc etc, I didn't watch it but I knew what it would be like.

15. it was pretty fun. i drank the DXM and spit the dime with my freind, it was a slightly enhanced weed high but i saw alot more patterns when i was in the dark.

16. it was pretty fun. i drank the DXM and spit the dime with my freind, it was a slightly enhanced weed high but i saw alot more patterns when i was in the dark.

17. keep in mind that the main goal here is to find a cough syrup with only Dextromethorphan HBr in it as an active ingredient. Guaifenesin is an expectorant which will loosen mucus from having a cold or the flu, larger doses have the potential to make you violently sick, so the greater the DXM to guaifenesin ratio the better. If the syrups have any acetominophen in them don't even bother, the LD50 for acetominophen is somewhere along the lines of 6 grams, but the potential for liver damage can start at as low as 1-3 grams in people with weak livers (drinkers, pill poppers etc.). As for syrups with pseudoephedrine, I personally don't like them, because the speedyness of the pseudoephedrine dampens the DXM trip for me, but to each his/her own.

when in doubt, erowid is the place to check out.....or just PM phunkyphil, the resident DXM shaman.

EDIT: PS. Fuck coricidin, like an earlier post said, the antihistamine in this brand potentiates the negative effects of DXM....there is however a special version of coricidin for people with heart problems that has these antihistamines removed...those are your best bet IMHO