dxm help!

Discussion in 'General' started by nomoney88, Oct 15, 2007.

1. i hate for this to be my first post on grasscity cuz ive been reading for a really long time just never posted i took 20 generic robutussins 15 mg dxm each (1st time)

started out my head itching like a mother then i got up and looked in the mirror and my face is really red and sweaty then i felt like vomitting so i went to the bathroom and dryheaved spit up some red shit then i dont really remember anything except my chest and shoulders being really red and sweaty. not my face anymore. im still red as hell on my upper body and its almostlike ive got stretch marks or cellulite or some shit on my sides. im still fucked up but i feel better am i ok? bad trip?allergic reaction?

2. what does it say under active ingredients on the bottle?

3. somebody tell me if i can go to sleep or not im kind of scared to

4. its just dxm 15 mg per tab

5. sry man bad trip thanks though

6. might be allergic to it ive never eard of that though

but you should be fine to go to sleep

7. ive heard of some people turning red and such like a big rash. no worries, just the trip.

8. Some people do have a really bad reaction to dxm where they get really flushed and start itching like a motherfucker. It has never happened to me. Try taking a antihistamine like benadryl or whatnot. The next time you take dxm take the antihistamine right after taking the dxm, if it happens again then you probably want to not do dxm, because i've seen friends freak out from this reaction. but you are fine to sleep

9. Next day and ive still got little blood marks or something all over the insides of my legs, maybe from scratching, and this morning i still had the stretch marks or whatever on my sides, but they're gone now. dunno if i want to try it again really, i was really hungry before i did it so it was on an empty stomach, anyone think that had anything to do with it?

10. according to erowid.org a response to high doses of dxm can be bad itching... You should do research into what your taking before you take it. erowid.org has most of the symptoms you described listed under the dxm info...

11. Yeah man I used to get the robo burn and my head would be UNBELIEVABLY itchy. I popped an allergy pill before my next trip and I didnt even remember what the fuck robo itch was. :hello:

12. of course i researched it i remembered reading that on that website but i was under the impression that 300 mg was a low dose and a good amount to take the first time and was just kind of surprised

i was in the middle of a really bad dxm trip when i posted this also...

13. sounds like hives, ive gotten hives from dxm before and it fuckin sucks. Always starts on top of your head, itchin and hot as hell and makes its way down. dxm sucks imo

14. Same thing happened to me last night. I drank Zicam cough max the only active ingredient being DXM. I got hives all over my face which I still have. It was pretty crazy. Does anyone know what to do about this I look pretty bad?

15. you migjt be allergic, are you active ingredients in that only DXM? i usually get what the OP was talking about with the cellulite like skin but its from itching and goes away after about an hour.

16. But what's weird is I've tripped DXM before w/o these effects. And I didn't get roboitch at all. I'm just gonna stay away from DXM for a while.

17. It was just a histamine reaction. Reason you got it from the Zicam and not other DXM preparations was because the Zicam, and therefore the DXM, is absorbed faster and pretty much all at once, whereas with syrups or gelcaps your GI tract has to deal with the DXM as well as all of the sugars and preservatives.

Next time just take a Benadryl or 2 before you dose.

Histamine reactions only happen sometimes.