DWC yeilds. 4 seperate buckets, or 1 large one?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by KushenStein, Aug 13, 2009.

1. First post here! I have read these forums for a while now and it seems like this site is omniscient when it comes to growing the herb.

I have read numerous claims that DWC systems produce bigger and better plants, so I plan on trying this for my first hydroponics grow.

My cab is 2x2x5 with a 400w HPS, and 4 4gal. buckets with 6in. net pots. I have 3 fem EasyRyder and a Dinafem Blue Widow and feeding with GH FLora series nutes.

Would it be a better idea to just use 1 large container for the dwc, like a rubbermaid tub? What kind of yeild do you guys think I should expect with the system i plan to use?

2. 4 containers is the way to go.

1. You do not want your roots to become entwined.

2. If there is a problem in a single container, all 4 plants are affected.

3. Space.

-C

3. ^^^ Agreed^^^BTW------Welcome to GC

4. Go with 1 tub much easier to check nutrient level. Also you will have less ph balancing to do.

5. 2x2x5 and you want to put 4 plants in there? I assume you aren't vegging them very long, otherwise with a 400w you will not get much penetration into a canopy of that size.

Personally i'd put 2 plants in there, or one big one. I've EASILY had one plant take up that space in an 18gal rubbermaid. When you flip to flower I think you'll find it's too crowded with 4 plants.

6. They are autos.

-C

7. Yeah, i have 3 autos going first and i plan to veg the blue widow while they are flowering. thanks for the fedback guys, much appriciated :)

8. One more thing... How much could i get out of a single plant (like the blue widow)? I want to try to get as much as i can out of this.

9. Dude it's impossible to give you a yeild amount. If your experianced I've seen a guys grow (on here) using autos that got 4oz off his plant, than again you could get less than 1oz it just kinda depends on how things go for you.