DWC with an organic tea?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by cman86, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I found this recipe while looking into the subject. I wanted my next grow to be organic and i wanted to try out deep water culture. I was just thinking it would interesting if this was possible and how it could be accomplished. This recipe is for soil though. Could it be altered in anyway to suit dwc?

Veg mix-
    1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
    1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
    1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
    5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
    5 tbs. Liquid Karma
    5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
    @ 1-cup mix/5 gallons of water every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
    2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
    2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
    5 tbs. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
    5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
    @ 2 cups/5 gallons of water EVERY watering.

this mix is supposed to be soaked in a "tea bag" or nylon legging in the nutrient mix before watering the ladies. I thought this would be a cool thing to use with dwc. any input is greatly appreciated!

edit*
    forgot to add that the mix is soaked in the nute mix with a water pump and airstone for two days before using, i thought you might need to know that too.

2. you could if you wanted.. it would be time consuming though. why not just buy organic nutes seperately. if not, just experiment!

3. so you are saying this could work? i just like the thought of using the most unprocessed nutes from the source.

Would i soak it for two days before being used, like the instructions say to do for soil grows? Would i want to use less nutes with dwc?

sorry for being so uneducated on the subject. this just really sparked my interest.

edit* also i heard that this stuff has some beneficial bacteria.