Dwc troubles; burn/deficiencies

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Rastaskater, Feb 6, 2013.

1. They have...

2. You should be good now dwc can be a real pain until the roots drop, they're extremely easy to over water. First time I had those big ass rockwool cubes like 4"x 4", and I was using top drip, damn near drowned them. Anyway now that your roots are down in the mix you should see healthy new growth, sometimes the leaves and stuff that wilt or turn yellow will stay like that, they wont become green and lush again. I usually pull these off.

3. I'm hoping so.

Does anyone have any experience using humic acid in dwc? I'm using humbolt nutrients liquid humic acid. It recommends changing the water every seven days to avoid excess sediment, and I can see why. This shiz is nasty!

4. Might be over kill but I change my rez every 7 days. I also use Clearex during my weekly rez changes. I've used humic acid...shit I might still be, would have to double check my bottles. Can't remember which one it is at the moment. Really really stoned lol

5. Aqua shield is cheap as hell and puts good bacteria into your res to keep bad bacteria from possibly creating problems like ph and root rot probs.

And to soil growing. I actually like it for plants that take a long ass time that I don't want to mess with. If you do go with soil, go with natural grow pots so your shit still gets huge with smaller pots.

6. Good to know, have you ever used h202 in any of your reservoirs instead of aqua shield?

7. Yup it works a little different. H202 puts more oxygen in the water but if you have enough already then the good bacteria does more helping. And I have like 6 stones now lol

8. Per bucket? Damn lol

Now that the majority of the roots are down in the soup the plant looks a bit better. Didn't need to get rid if those friggin rocks, but I will be using a different medium next go around.

What is the preferred method of cloning for dwc growers? Rock wool? I had shit luck my last go around with Rock wool, my clones were a bit small though...

9. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EHJN7K

I prefer Jiffy pellets, personally not a fan of rockwool

10. Then you just pop those bad boys in with hydroton or whatever media you're using? I use those to start my seeds for my vegetable garden, got a ton of em....

11. Yup, once I get some good roots then I put them in the hydroton.

12. Hello I,am dealing with about the same issues but not with a clone. I am curious how it all turned out for you, what needed to be done to fix your problem. Also how did you get such quick feedback? I can't get any?

13. copy and paste your thread in here. Itll get dealt with :)

14. I switched one of my plants from veg to bloom, now the plant looks like death. I adjusted the ph with the plant in the bucket and I dropped the ph wayyyyy to low. I left the cap on my blue lab ph meter and put it in the bucket to test and for some odd reason it stayed at 6.1! Amateur move. One of my questions is can a plant suck water up that quick? I caught the problem but obviously to late. I have pics of it on my page, I need to get it to my thread ! Don't know how.

15. hijack!

16. copy and paste your link. Dont continue to explain your problem here. the OP's a little touchy ;)

17. Proper conduct ace, that's all. Forum etiquette. I don't have a problem with folks asking for advice, but copy paste? C'mon now

18. if he copies and pastes his link that isnt getting attention(probably because hes got it in an unpopular category) HERE, he wont have to take up anymore of THIS thread with his questions about his own grow, (which keeps this thread focused on YOUR crap) ;)

19. Mm I was mentioning the copy paste of his thread into mine, not the link copy paste...

20. i dont see the difference