Dwc troubles; burn/deficiencies

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Rastaskater, Feb 6, 2013.

1. GET RID OF THOSE FRIGGIN ROCKS!!!!!! then switch to RDWC like a boss :)

2. I'm starting to think these rocks are the issue, or at the least apart of the issue. When I changed my solution yesterday I added the other outlets to this bucket, and since then the plant IMO looks droopier than before. Well I think I may have an idea.

These rocks seem to hold a bit more moisture than hydroton( never used it, but I'm just thinking). Even with the waterline an inch below the pot the rocks stay pretty well soaked. With more bubbles the rocks are getting saturated. To combat this I dropped the waterline to about 1.5-2 inches below the pot.

image-2341946423.jpg

image-1343824132.jpg

image-53680149.jpg

3. you are sooooo frustrating!!!!!

if everything else is well within range, why arent you just getting rid of those things?!?!?!?

4. #44 Rastaskater, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Oh, because that wont fuck her up.

I'd rather have this plant die and have to try all over with a different media than yank this one and do that again.

Edit- and since hydroton is extinct in my area, what would you recommend?

5. theh just kill the plant! this is torture! :)

there are plenty of media choices like growstones or perlite etc but any of these INCLUDING hydroton is available online (where you are right now) :D

6. Hydroton is NOT available in my area. Sure it's available online, but I'd rather buy something like that from my hydro store. I did see "growstones" in there today, but what makes them any different from these little bastards I have now? Recycled glass? Has anyone had great results using them? 100% perlite mix? Hmm

Oh yeah, this plant has 3 days to show signs of improvement, or I will cave in and transplant. Seems like it'll destroy her though

7. youre so stubborn. i give up

8. Thanks man, appreciate your attitude. :wave:

9. what do you expect? you were looking for "answers" but dont fix whats wrong. Youre essentially trying to watch a plant die. When people sub to this and you put something new, we respond and try to help but you dont want help, you want an audience to see how youre messing with a plant. Peace

10. #50 Rastaskater, Feb 16, 2013
    Like I said, thanks for your two cents, but I'd feel a bit more inclined to take your opinions seriously if I felt you knew a bit more about growing.

"inert and Ph neutral dont really go together hahahah", you lost me there my friend.

These rocks could most definitely be the culprit, but not because of the reason you suggested. Also, I'm not going to do something drastic like transplanting a rooted plant before exhausting all other options.

Good day to you. I'm not trying to have a flame war with you, and I did not appreciate your smug comments (it's like talking to a wall). So please, kindly, Stay out of my thread.

Edit- I will continue updating this thread. If it does come to transplanting in the next few days and it does fix this BS you'll know.

11. Your rocks are making your ph go crazy. Scrub the hell out of your Rees and use ver very lit nutes and pray they make it. Keep res temp at 70. Low nutes means maybe some root strengthener and some aqua shield. Make sure no light is getting to res and keep humidity mid and temps in the 70s.

12. I'm using growstones in my first and only hydro grow. They work just fine and i have totes full of nice white roots. I actually thought you were using them and as I've glanced over this thread over the past few days I thought "the rocks are NOT the problem".

Growstones are just recycled glass, but it is important to thoroughly rinse the dust off them before usage. If you're using something similar and didn't rinse then it could be a problem, though not one that couldn't be fixed with a simple flush and res change.

13. Man what you should do is stop fuckin with that hydro shit. Soil's where it's at cuz.

14. No thx chicken fucker ;-)

15. Hydro is what unicorns are made of

16. stop being stupid.

inert- (adj) to be in a state of doing little or nothing

Ph Neutral (adj) solution with a Ph of approximately 7.0

now stop being stubborn. You could easily cut the pot apart and swap those rocks with rinses hydroton. I dont want to be a part of this thread anymore eaither but youre wasting everyones time.

Ill sub out. Peace....or pieces with the way youre going ;)

17. #57 Rastaskater, Feb 16, 2013
    Then why post!? Like I asked last time, do not post in my threads anymore.

Anyways, soaked some of my "friggin rocks" in water for a few hours. Tested the ph before and after, and what do you know, no change! Hmm maybe because they are inert?

Edit- roots are still exploding which is a good sign, just really wanting to see that translate into a healthy, lush, green bitch! Lol

18. Why are you such a proponent of aqua shield?

Regards

19. you wouldnt notice a change from a couple hours and from what Ph water to start? or maybe you dont understand how sensitive roots are and what youre laying them up against? Dude just change them. Your other numbere where all well within range. If im wrong about this I will send you 50 FREE seeds of my personal Haze x Snow White cross!

the only way this plant will see success is when those roots hit the soup PAST the rocks

20. Dude ace420 I know I'm dumb but you sound retarted. Get a thesaurus bro inert and neutral are the same shit. Do you really think the grow store would sell you a medium that would fuck up your ph so much. Give it a fucking rest man and let sum1 that knows WTF they're talking about comment so rasta can get down to the bottom of his problem.