DWC - Secret Jardin DS90

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by nonfiction, Jun 19, 2013.

1. august 17th = asm is around 56 days old
    delicious il diavolo is 24 days old
    auto NL is around 36 days old
    i'll have to check journal for the seedlings birthday

kalesh clone, well im not sure she's gonna make it, i put her under 400w hid today, will have to check on her when i get up in AM

2. august 18th iphone pictures

it's a day before my birthday, my first auto skunk mass (or what's left of her) is curing in my jar, i'd post a picture but i'm too embarrassed. my auto for birthday present will be a belated one at that, as the second and best auto skunk mass isn't close to chop yet, i did manage to get these pictures though....

IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG

delicious il diavolo
    IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG bad pic of roots, sorry...

northern lights
    IMG_0519.JPG
    roots are getting big now, still no flower lol im debating on topping...
    IMG_0522.JPG

hempy bucket (mazar x w rhino) - hempy bucket is really taking off compared to small coco pot
    IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG

cocobaby (mazar x w rhino)
    IMG_0514.JPG

Barney's LSD:
    IMG_0520.JPG

hopefully tomorrow ;-D

3. I just topped my Auto NL, I know autos should never be stressed, but they should also be auto, im jus bushing it up now, ill keep it in veg as long as my coco i guess, flip everything over at once, or should i just pull it out of the tent every day early? for how long? 2 weeks?

4. since barney's LSD is almost a plant it's time I start my veg coco feeding mix

I have taken a 5Gal bucket with a lid, the cool thing is this lid has a very large spout, so in the bucket sits a water pump blowing water upwards, using koi pond technique to keep nutrion solution aeriated, i also may use a small extra airpump because i have it (though im trying to keep wattage down because first month was stupid expensive) so i'd perfer not to, i will keep this bucket in a cool dark place and when it's time to feed my coco babies and soon LSD i will use this method, I've decided i'm going to plant LSD in coco too, try a full coco grow because I'm annoyed with DWC, actually i'm probably finished after these are done, we'll see if i do a RDWC as an experiment in a side cabinet using CFLS :p idk dwc is pretty cool, and I am in no way sold but sure as hell seems a lot less effort

5. Autos are autos... they flower on their own.

20/4 light until done. Id only put photos in if i knew the auto would be done by the time its ready for flip.

If autos go under 12/12 they will take ages.

Man those roots are nothing. Mine has filled the bucket. Its a solid ball the size of a basketball.

6. #126 nonfiction, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    exactly, all my autos are flowering now except one genehtiks Northern lights auto its like going on to 6 weeks so i pulled out of tent and hopefully little light forces it into darkness, i stick back in tent on an 18/6 schedule (i do run cfls for one hour after mh goes out and one hour before it goes on (approx since theyre all in veg it varies i do it manually) the cfls are 3000k where the mh is 4000k i imagine they make SOME difference

the photo plants i have in there (attempting ONE clone of kalesh which i cut down today outside, early, she was too big and too much heat, it was a sacrifice but i got the okay to fill the fuckin tent with photos so idc about my outdoor shit :p not at the location i am at now, maybe if i move into the country, or small tried and tested autos like the delicious 15 day flower, maybe that in the spring could prob get purp bud leaving out at night, we'll see what the future has in store

today is my birthday! so if you read and answer this, i'd love it way more than a happy birthday (reminding me im getting old :-/)!  so i didn't do too much gardening ittle bit of partying with my lovaaa, i checked the ppm and it looks like ive got the hang of it  now, since my auto skunk mass is so close to finish im letting the ppm drop, its still dark green from nitrogen overdose at early age, not really losing and leaves just buffing up, im taking samples of bud and budleaf to check thc for amber nesss, any suggestions what's best way to check? i need to use a small sample under a microscope (i dont have one of those convenient glasses to quickly look, but it works, i can even sorta get pics, im getting better at using, i know the bud goes downhill soon, so i did harvest one bud with no white and a bit of amber RIGHT under a CFL so im assuming they are doing something, it really makes me think light matters more than nutes......

7. #127 nonfiction, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    BARNEY IS BORN august 20

pulled NL out of tent, gonna keep her out until shes flowering, fuck it i give up it's obvious she's not gonna flower automatically, if she stops flowering when i put back in tent ill just kill, i cant have a dwc photo plant that big, ive got 3 photo plants that are seeds right now and a small clone, that would be way too big, on the other hand would make filling a screen a lot quicker, so maybe i won't kill just veg for another month, but in that month i could play 4 barney's lsd seeds and flower an entire tent full of LSD strain opposed to the NL with ruderis in it, no doubt barney's would be better genetics, and i got a 5 pack fem seeds for free so i dont mind using :D or will that auto be fine to go back to 18 once it starts flowering? i will lose my fucking shit if it goes to veg

ps; this shitty auto was another freebit from the barneys lsd free package from herbies, they deserve the plug

8. Early auto attempts for autos can be like that. I have an auto Hindu kush that isn't an auto haha.
    Honestly, it'll probably flip back to veg man.

9. Seriously? You personally have had that happen, what seed company sold you that?

10. "Auto seeds" pretty sure I ordered them through herbies.

11. Eh shit happens. That plant ended up having a top cola that was 42g once dried. Shit was delicious! The bud was as long as my forearm and hand haha.

12. holy shit, that's why im debating LST or not, especially for autos, i don't think it's really needed, im not sure ill produce more bud from doing it, 42g one bud... omg that's crazy, doyou just keep buying those seeds then? :D

13. course the auto that's not auto is LST'd and i topped it two days ago... i figure if i stunt it long enough to let the babies catch up hahaha

14. delicious il diavolo is quickly becoming my favorite to watch and monitor, im doing no training at all since it's such a short life spawn, my question is how does one go about upping ppm?

if it's stable at 650, do i push to 655 and then if i check a day later and it's 658 what's the proper way to do it? or just leave it at 650 until it's drinking it down to like 630 then try a higher number? how do i smoothly and safely boost ppm to juice plant

15. chopped 22.85grams off auto skunk mass #2

rest is still growing, pure water in res now, no nutes

yeah thats it, if its at 658 i would probably leave it another day as it hasnt gone up by much. if the following day it then goes up to say 661 i would bring it back down a bit by adding some water. but if its staying at 650 then thats what the plant is currently using

the plants will draw up the solution in a particular strength (whatever it needs at any given time), if your solution is stronger than that particular strength the plant will be using up more water than nutes causing the remaining solution to become stronger and stronger. once it becomes so strong that the dissolved solids actually impair water absorption you start to see darkened leaves and then leading to brown dead bits forming on the fringes of the leaves

17. which is exactly what happened, before i got my ppm meter but i think that was still in veg so my bud shouldnt be too effected, the parts i already cut im very proud of first harvest! i still have the bottom part of plant in plain water flushing

18. can i keep clone in tent just not in direct 400w light? like shade behind a bucket?

19. what do you mean in shade? I keep my clones in 24 hour light. T5 though not 400 watt. But once they get a spine on the roots I give them to friends and they put them right into 400 watt veg.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1234402-Budget-DWC-CFL