DWC second grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by pizzaeater, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Day 56 update
    Nirvana Blue Mystic auto

First rez change in the larger bin. I upped the nutes to 50% Lucas formula. The ppm is currently at 845. I'm thinking another 5 or 6 weeks before harvest.

No change from last week. I'm really pleased with the larger Rez as the ph has been very stable. Here are a few pics from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 63 update
    Nirvana Blue Mystic auto

Topped off the Rez today. Ph was 6.1 ppm @ 925. Getting some orange hairs but still several weeks to go. The plant has a little more odor but nothing like the Pineapple Express of my first grow. More earthy so I definitely recommend this strain for those concerned about smell.

Lots of bud sites as you can see but the buds are still on the smallish side. Still time for them to fatten up in the next few weeks.

Here are a few pics from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Looking really nice man I just partially snapped my main stem as well but it looks like it will fully recover. Scary moment in life when I heard it break

4. Day 75 update
    Nirvana Blue Mystic auto

I returned from a 3 day trip and the girl was looking good. No issues with the Rez levels or ph during the absence. Ph was 5.7 but the ppm did rise a bit to 1010. I did a Rez change this morning so here are some pics.

The buds have not fattened up as much as I would have liked, maybe it was a poor pheno. There are a lot of buds due to all the LST early on. The plant has frosted quite a bit since last week and the odor has increased a bit. Plenty of orange hairs but the tricomes are still clear. I'm thinking another 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Day 84 update
    Nirvana Blue Mystic auto

Things getting frosty. Tricomes getting milky but still no amber. Some of the buds are getting heavy relative to the stems and drooping. Ph (5.8) and ppm (880-900) are steady. I’m going to change the Rez tomorrow to begin a flush. This will be phd water with only Hydroguard, the plant will need to get everything she needs from the energy stored in the leaves.

Here are some pics from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Day 91 update
    Nirvana Blue Mystic auto

Spotted a few amber tricomes, I’m hoping another week. This is looking like a 14 week grow so this auto is taking longer than the 9-11 week so on the Nirvana site.

The Rez is filled with Hydroguard and ph stabilizers only. The tips of the fan leaves are beginning to brown so the plant is starting to use stored energy. I’ve been battling a dropping ph the last few days. Setting at 6.0 and she has been creeping to 5.4 the next day. Daily routine is to check ph, refill Rez and adjust ph.

Some pics from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day 98 update
    Nirvana blue mystic auto

Harvest day today. First thing was to remove all the fan leaves, then started cutting the branches hanging them upside down and pulling the remaining fan leaves and the larger sugar leaves. I was going to save the sugar leaves but too many projects so just going to trash them.

I didn’t take pictures of the gloves I wore but they were caked with sticky resin. Looks like a successful grow. I’ll post a final dry weight and a smoke report in a week or two. Thanks for dropping in. Here are some pics.

Before removing the fan leaves.
    [​IMG]

A few after the leaves were removed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the nicer colas.
    [​IMG]

Accidental super cropping and topping. You can see below the topping pic where the stem was choked off when I was LSTing with a piece of string.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Root ball. Rez temps were between 72 -76 the entire grow.
    [​IMG]

Final pic with the buds hanging from the tent. The small fan you see was placed on the ground so the air is blowing straight up.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looked good and heavy for a auto, try a fastbuds gsc if you get a chance

9. Final grow report.

The plant hermed at some point. About a 1/3 of the buds had matured seeds. Not exactly sure how it was stressed but that is the only explanation as there was only a single plant in the he tent and I only had a single female grow prior to this.

The final weight was 3.4 ounces but I’ll discount .4 ounces for the seeds I didn’t remove. I tried removing the seeds but it was a mess as I had to crush the buds to find the seeds. The weight of the seeds I did remove was .2 ounces.

I’m not sure if it is the strain or my cheap led light but the buds were relatively small with a lot of larf at the lower parts of the plant. I’m not happy with this grow especially with them the seeds. I did smoke a small bowl and the smoke was smooth with a light head buzz. It is going to get me high but really disappointed after 98 days of growing.

The upside is I don’t need to buy any more seeds if I want to grow this strain. Someone on another thread said that the seeds should be auto feminized but we will see. My next grow is scheduled for January and it will either be Norther lights auto or pineapples express auto.

Here is the final pic of this grow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey three ounces and enough seeds to grow pounds! I’d say not bad for round two. Does make me stress a little more about my plant. But nice grow and what is larf?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1