DWC Res and rent setup help/advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Elfeen, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice with my DWC system. I'd like to set it up so that my res water is run through a pump, out into a chiller for insurance and then have it be fed back into the system via a drip ring on top. Is this a stupid idea? I imagine the cooler won't be running constantly but I have zero experience so I have no idea really. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. I have a chiller on my and I would suggest that you have what’s been ran through the chiller dumped directly into you rez. Much easier and less chance for water to potentially leak or backup cause of flow restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. IMG_20170923_232506.jpg IMG_20170923_232646.jpg
    What @mike45214 said is your best option. How did it work out?

4. Well long story short I've been waiting on a light to turn up, but that's coming v/ soon. As for my res I ended up setting up a top feed and ditching the chiller idea as number 1 winter is coming up, and number 2 my grow room is just that- a room. If I wanted a chiller it'd probably kick out more heat than I'd want to deal with for now at least. I could go grab a picture of what I went with but I should be starting a grow journal up fairly soon. Either way the res isn't exactly impressive lmao

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do share.

6. Ended up going with something like this. Pump sits at the bottom and it'll make a good topfeed for the first few weeks. After that I'll probably just use it to help me drain the res

Attached Files: