dwc question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LetGo, Feb 7, 2013.

1. This is my 2nd grow, 1st dwc. And I haven't seen this answer anywhere so I was wondering. With DWC 5 gallon bucket would you want the res to get low? Say 1 gallon left until u add more or change? That way the roots stretch down for water? Or does it matter? I am a little over a week into flower and have been filling it up when its no more than 1/2 empty. Was wondering if I should let it go another day before filling it up to expand roots.

Thanks,
    LetGo

2. I drain and refill mine every week no matter what....if it gets too low before then i just add water too it...just dont fill it all the way full...for example i only put 4 gallons into each bucket when i refill....in four grows i think ive only had to add water to make it thru the week once or twice

3. I was in week 8 flowering and when i drained the system(3 five gallon buckets with two plants) i had about two gallons that i drained and dumped out....

4. Not asking about changing res or topping off. I am asking should I let the res get low say a gallon or last few inches of bucket so smaller roots will grow to that last few inches then maybe the next day change or top off. Like a drought but not empty! For root expansion

5. I fill mine up and let it run a week....the roots get soo big and tangled together that they almost fill the entire bucket....so basically i dont even worrry about that

6. You can let it run low if you want...with good air pumps and stones it will keep like aa mist inside there

7. #8 LetGo, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    My roots aren't that big but I also didn't veg it so long. Plants probably 18"h by 2' w x 2'. Did training this grow and wow that's much better. Can't wait to see the yield. I got about 25 grams each plant on my first grow with very minimal training. My buckets prob half full of roots but it still has all of flowering left. Not home now but I will take a pic tomorrow morning maybe and post it! I know people like pics. But thanks for answering the question of letting the res get on the low side