DWC problems Help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JJthecarpenyer, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Could this be from Nute lock out I had slight burn on first set of serrated leaves right after transfer so I pinched it off and waited to see what happend she came right back up and was doing well till two days ago I noticed the yellowing on my bottom leaves there I’m running flora trio at 1/2 strength this was her third week since she popped I ran 1/4 strength for 2nd week and first week was in rapid rooter over all I feel as if growth had been slow. On the other hand my other girl beside it is doing well with the nutes and looks healthy green even after a box fell on it forcing a early top im new to dwc I’ve always played with soil any suggestions are appreciated my other thought was over water because there was one day I let the water level rise and didn’t notice how much till I got home from work so My guess is either lock out and it’s not taking nitrogen in or it got over watered from water level being too high Please let me know what you guys think thanks

Attached Files:

2. 2 most important things and you haven't mentioned either of them.

PPM
    PH

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good point And my temp I don’t post forums much either ph 5.8 ppm 450 (tap water is 150 the nutes 300) my water temp holds 73F been looking at ways to get it down air temp 78 during day closer to 70 at night it’s a 5 gal bucket with air stone normal bucket set up pretty much humidity is around 57 -65 I’m regretting my blurple light it’s “1200w” what it sold as looking to upgrade to HLG within the next few weeks if you need any other info let me know I gota work on having all my info included

4. 5.8PH should be good.
    450PPM is too high for such a young plant IMO.

your bucket should be black to block all light correct?

not sure.

best of luck

5. What kind of air circulation are you getting in your Rez?

6. With DWC there is always the possibility that your tap water has bad stuff in it that might not even show as ppm.
    I had to switch to RO water because my 190 ppm (ec=0.38) tap water was producing unhealthy plants.
    But your tap ppm could also be due to things that cause nute burn.
    450 ppm of real food is probably too much, but 300 probably wouldn't be.

You can get a cheap RO system for abut $60 from purewaterclub or robuddy.

Don't give up on DWC yet, because it produces great plants.

7. If u have plenty of air going in your Rez you should have a big prob with over watering.

8. I actually run it thru an inline filter that hooks up to a hose which is just carbon so doesn’t lower ppm but should be cleaning out any of the bullshit that would give me issues from what I’ve done homework on tho RO does just produce better looking faster growing plants I think I need the RO and a light up grade and I’ll be there I read that flora trio was pretty idiot proof I’ll drop ppm on it and seee about buying RO water till I grab a system

9. Why not just go to soil ?
    Your new . Why not learn from soil first ?

10. Bet ya the roots are not getting any moisture. When I kick min off, I put the soup right to the bottom of the net pot and my hydro tone stays damp, looks like your having to hand water.....