DWC (Nutrients to use?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brumac, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Is Fox Farm grow big something that can be mixed directly into the water of a DWC? What nutes do you guys recommend for bubble buckets once the roots hit the water?

High Tech Garden Supply

2. I use D.W.C. 5gal. bubble buckets and I use Technaflora Plant Products - Product List it was $29.99 at my local hydro shop. I have seen it on Ebay also.. I got 3 one gal jugs of the BC grow, BC boost and BC bloom all for $65 on Ebay... Shipping I think it was around $20 so $85.00 all together. It works pretty good for me.. Just be careful not to over feed the plants... Dont give your plant nowhere near the dosage of nutes the there chart says to give.. Just start out with small amounts and work your way up..

3. I use the Technaflora products, too. They're easy to use, don't stink, and don't build sludge.

4. The only thing out of the box kit that I dont use is the sugar daddy. It makes my water turn dirty looking and it turns my roots a funky brownish color.. The thrive alive B1 red and the thrive alive B1 green will change root color also.. If you use it to much.. I like the awsome blossoms flowering supplement that comes with the kit and the magical, the root 66, and the cloning gel.:smoke:

5. Ok i got a question about the technaflora nutes. I got an awesome deal on the recipe for success kit. $29.99 for everything shipping included. My question is this: how much of what and when should I feed my girls. I am trying to get as much 411 as possible before I go burning my plants. I'm still a few weeks away from having my setup ready and I've read all kinds of info on lucas and the magic formula but that's with gh nutes. Is there a similar formula or a scaled formula to work with TF nutes?

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.:wave:

6. Since you are running deep water, you want something clean, clear and thin to avoid maintenance issues and buildups in your reservoir/buckets, etc. I have run bubble buckets for a few years now and found that many "bloom enhancers" and such are thick or chunky after a few days in these systems. After trying many nutrient lines, I have found that House & Garden's Aqua Flakes 2-part base nutrients work best in DWC. Along with their other products Drip Clean, Roots Excelurator, BudXL, Top Booster, and Shooting Powder, you will be on your way to success. Check the link in my sig to see how they perform. Hope to see you there! Peace