Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

DWC micro grow help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Indicapacitated, Jun 22, 2013.

1. So I just built a box that is 20"d 24"w and 36" tall and I was thinking of trying to do a dwc cfl grow in it, I would be using a plastic Tupperware tub and would cut holes in the lid I was curious if anyone knew or had some advice on how many plants I could fit in this setup running around 250 watts. I just want to know if it would be worth it to do this or to just use it to keep a mother and veg my plants and use my other box for flowing.

2. Im still a newb but would say 2. I have 2 plants in a tub just bit smaller than yours and its really crowded. LST could help with the crowding issue if you have the room. Scrog could help as well.

You'll be adding water to the tub daily as my two plants easily go through a gallon or more a day.

250w should be ok for 2 plants. More plants= more light needed.

3. 3 feet tall and a 250w hps? that doesn't leave much room for the plants. you will probably have to use a ScrOG screen. if you use a screen and are using clones you can have as many plants as you wish. the more plants the faster the screen will fill up.

if you don't use clones you will need to allow it to grow for a month before you can flower it, so then your probably looking at just the one plant in there