DWC cheese

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Taproot85, Jun 26, 2016.

1. #1 Taproot85, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    This is my first DWC grow I have grown in soil for years. So will start with the setup.

Equipment:
    Hydrofarm 400 MH
    3'x3'x5' tent
    Two red frog 3" stones
    2X active air clip fan
    2X dura breeze clip fans
    Hydro farm 6" inline exhausts
    4" carbon filter
    6" duct booster (fresh air )
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Nutrients:
    Technaflora recipe for success
    Hydroguard
    Rhino skin
    -----------------------------------------------------

So it was a rough start trial and error. Killed a few seedlings trying to start. First I tried diy heat dome with a pie carry from dollar store and some CFL. Then I killed a couple with starting nutes way to soon. After all this I am into day 24. I had to fight heat in the beginning with nutrients solution but finally got that into check. I ended up insulating my DWC bucket. Now for the record when I am counting my days I started counting the day the seedling emerged from the RW. [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. I ended up buying the whole hot dome setup with the T5. I have had her under the T5 for a while now. I killed one plant by putting it under the MH to soon so lesson learned. It is a learning process trial and error. I knew that before I even started the grow. Will be putting the girl under the MH sometime this week. Any thoughts or tips would be great. Thanks [​IMG]

3. Started 1/4 strength veg nutes a couple days ago. So far so good. Still using the hydroguard with the technaflora. I will probably use it throughout the whole veg cycle. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Made these fan holders. I had got tired of my fans falling. [​IMG]

5. Was thinking about using AN or Cyco for flowering. If anyone has used either product please let me know your thoughts.

6. I forgot to check the PH for a couple of days. My PH was 6.8 so I brought it back down to 5.8. The plant looks okay so think I caught it in time.

7. If anyone is following feel free to chime in. Like to know if I am writing this online journal for nothing.

8. Subbed up! You got yourself a ppm/tds meter?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Thanks for the sub. I have a cheap China pH meter and a Hanna TDs/ec meter. I also check with the gh liquid test once in a while just to make sure meter is still good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good read thanks for sharing.

11. No worries, you see a lot of people guessing with half and quarter strength nutes and have some awful looking plants.

Very glad I came across this before I started my first run in hydro.
    Looking forward to see how yours go.

12. Yeah I am going to have to try it when I change my nutes Friday. I can't do it till then. Have added pH down a couple times. I am assuming it would throw it off on the meter. Has anyone else had issues with pH climbing up everyday? Is it normal with DWC? I am having to adjust it everyday.

13. It jumps up from a 5.8 to a 6.4 in a day.

14. What's your ppm/ec at the moment?
    It happens to me too, when my ppm drops the ph goes up a little.
    Have'nt been too worried because it's not drastic, mine is over a longer time tho

I think a slight swing within the optimal ranges is ok because they can take up all the desired nutrients available within those ranges.

I'm only new to hydro too so hopefully somebody with real experience can answer your question further .

15. PPM was at 500 when I made the batch up four days ago. Now it is at 620 after few days of doing PH down.

16. So you gonna drop it down below 500 and see how it goes?

mine are calling for around 480 and their older than yours. What's the ppm of your fresh water?

17. This Friday when I do the nute change I will probably do 400. My water is 3 I use distilled water.

18. [​IMG] FEW DAYS LATER[​IMG]

19. [​IMG]