DWC Bubble Buckets AK-48 from Nirvana Amazing!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Inepsa, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Im a long time reader of the forums, and this grow journal will be my first post. I will explain my setup, then start showing some pictures.

Method: Deep Water Culture, using bubble buckets, loving it.

Lights: 2 x 400 watt HPS with digital ballasts.

Grow space: 7'x5' lined with panda plastic.

Genetics: Nirvana's AK-48

Nuets: Ionic grow, bloom and boost. Love the way this stuff is working. A tad expensive.

The AK-48 I have growing right now have already vegged and are currently a few weeks into flowering. We are trimming the plants heavily, and one we are tying all the branches down to the bucket lids to expose the branches to light even more. Just a test.

As you can see, the older pictures have absolutley no trimming done to them, the later pictures have extensive trimming done.

The newest pictures are 3 weeks into flowering.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Inepsa, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    I forgot to mention that we have a separate room for vegging. Its 5 feet by 3 feet and holds 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets. These AK-48 saw 28 days of veg under T5s. That room now has some white widow in it from nirvana, and is about to have some more AK-48.

Feel free to comment. Suggestions always welcome. I will post some more pictures today.

3. A new bud shot from today. The buds get bigger every day. SUPER dense buds.

Attached Files:

4. 2/16/2011 update.

Increasing one of the AKs Ionic Boost amount from 1 dose per week, to 2 doses per week.

Anyone know of any good additives for increasing bud yields? Remember that im using the full line of ionic neuts from Hydrodynamics International.

5. very beautiful specimens! sorry dont know of any additives that will increase bud size...i kinda dont buy into any type of man made additive that will increase bud size...i think its more dependent on genetics and the tlc you give them....800 watts should be plenty! you might not get gram per watt under current setup...but in the future with a scrog anything is possible:D
    + rep dude....gotta couple of nirvana bubblelicious a couple days old in dwc...come give me a visit!

6. Looks fantastic dude. Don't forget to keep posting pics when those things are covered in fat, fat buds.

7. Updated pictures of the AK-48. Just a small selection of shots I took today.

Notice on the tied branch, the node growth moving upwards. Gonna be interesting.

Attached Files:

8. Also, the two White Widow in the veg room.

Attached Files:

9. Did you run into any issue in veg? Have a ak 48 1 week into flower that has been battling brown spots it's whole life. Ph stays around 6.3-6.6. Yours are looking good!

10. Hey inepsa, those AK's look really familiar? Wait a minute, your my son, those are our plant's and I'm somewhere over the rainbow right now ! Glad you started the journal. I'll help you as we go and go and go and grow.:cool:

11. The AKs vegged really well and super fast. We didn't have any spots or anything. What neuts are you using?

12. :hello: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

13. i have never done anything with hydroponics, nor have i ever understood anything about it but i went for it and built an 8 plant dwc system and its working great but i was wondering if i should build some bubbleponic buckets for flowering because they are already getting crowded at 20 days veg. heres some pics...
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

14. I think those will need some more space. A lot more space. Bubble buckets are cheap and super easy.

15. Alright thank you. I guess that setup should just be for veg. i'm quite impressed by the rate of growth and all but soil is just so much cheaper. haha

16. That would be a good setup for some mother plants, or a good place to start clones and continue to veg them in the same spot.

17. Looking good! how are those ak48's smelling??

18. They smell real citrus like crossed with skunk.

19. #20 Inepsa, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
    Quick update here. Pictures not so good, from iPhone. Check out how clean and clear these neuts are. Thats full strength solution for bloom.

These plants are about 4 feet tall from the top of the bucket lid.

Attached Files: