DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Weaponized, Aug 7, 2017.

1. #181 Weaponized, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Update day 67 of flower.
    I checked the trichs today and I am happy to say we are starting flush today. I will be using florakleen during the flush and will let it go on for a week before I cut her down.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. So I have a question regarding to flush times. Because I'm growing in a dwc does my flush time shorten since it's just the rez I'm replacing or is a week flush ok in dwc?

3. Once the plant has cannibalized and eaten all of the nutes out of the fan leaves, it’ll be well flushed and you should be good to go. Whether that’s 3, 5 or 7 days, up to the plant. I’m not a pro or com grower though, I’d be interested in hearing what others have to say.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

RDWC | 4x4 | 4-300w LED

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea I read that it varies depending on the medium that's being grown in. Was trying to see what other people recommend for dwc from experience. Thanks you the info.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have been silently following you from the beginning as my tent size and setup is very similar to yours except Mars hydro :). When I first saw the setup I of course thought, pshhh, too small, nothing exciting,meh...but boy was I WRONG!

Your training methods are very superb and something I would truly like to copy. Seeing the picture where you took her out to clean the tent made me really realize how great of a job you have done. I remember seeing those pictures after supercropping and looking at my plants and highly contemplating it,but I just didn't have the guts haha.

Seriously,thank you for your hard and updates. Old or new, we can all learn from eachother, and I have definitely learned from you :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. #186 Weaponized, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks man. Glad it could be of some help. I am pretty happy so far with the outcome of the grow and once I harvest I will be posting my thoughts on what I could have done better and recommendations I will be using for my next grow. As far as training it really is just trial and error and learning what techniques would be best and comfortable for you. As you can see to that training is just that. I ended up changing my growing techniques to suit my needs by taking out the ScROG and using lst to ensure I got enough space between the plant top and lights. It will take practice which I am still figuring out so I am glad that this journey was able to help give you some new techniques try with your grow and always the best of luck.

7. Update. I have cut her down and she is currently in the tent drying. I chose to only do a 3 day flush, one to just see if it was enough also she had just gone through a flush 2 weeks before. Temp 70 and the tent humidity was about mid 30s which is low but my tent is too small that I'm afraid to put a humidifier inside so I basically I left her as is and humidity is at about 42 now, I will trim and give weight after the dry. I'm trying to get a slow dry but it might prove difficult being as the humidity is low in my area right now, but let's see how it goes. Also sorry for crappy pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alright so my thoughts on this grow.
    Overall I'm happy with the outcome, but I won't be doing dwc for my next grow. I will be doing a coco drip to waste with a external rez and 5 gal smart pot. I feel this will help me with maintaining proper nute and pH levels plus rez change and feeding will be a breeze once I dial the flow in, but I'm always open to suggestions. Anyways back to topic.

So if I was to do this grow all over again I would first and foremost get a taller tent height was an issue, ventilation was good but the height really killed me. I had to check on her everyday this was also due to my strain choice. I wouldn't do a ScROG, because of the limited space it made changing the rez difficult, I would choose lst instead with supercropping. Digital testing equipment is needed, I was using the dropper pH tester but a digital one would help dial in the pH to more optimal levels. No matter what nutes you use I recommend hydroguard if I had this from the beginning I probably could have prevented the algea that rotted a big chunk of the root ball. That would basically be the only changes I would make if I had to do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You could try putting a bowl of water on the tent floor. Should bring it up a couple points.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

RDWC | 4x4 | 4-300w LED

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gonna try it.

11. I usually stop feeding at a week out. On average at this point near harvest they drink more then a gallon a day. I just add water to the res when low and let them search for food on the leaves until finished. If the plants look like they need more time, and no food to consume on leaves, I’ll do a light snack for them.
    Nice grow man.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, we are done they are all cut down and curing. Dry weight is 7.5 oz. The smoke is clean, smooth. It has that diesel hint with a twist of citrus. The high is great it feels like a calm wave that hits you then the energy. Love this. Next grow strain is Nukeheads.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice job!

•••••••••••••••••••••••

RDWC | 4x4 | 4-300w LED

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man. I'm happy with how it turned out even with the problems I ran into. I'm super stoked for this next grow seed just crack and tent is prepped.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What's the rules on this forum for sharing an outside link? Like to YouTube.

16. Love those big frosty nuggies! I'm eager to see what you do next. What a great grow! :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just waiting for the plant to break surface. This next grow is a coco drip to waste and the strain is gonna be nukehead. I'm also gonna try either Flux or just straight manifold this next grow, we will see. Thanks man

18. Nice! I've seen people posting everywhere on YouTube for NukeHead's website. I'm going to be manifolding my baby in a 2x2x5" closet grow tent so that she has 8 main colas. I saw a grow journal where they got 6.2oz off a single plant with a 250w HPS and I'm eager to see if I can achieve the same or greater results! *fingers crossed*
    :weed:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alright guys here's what we got. A 5 gal smart pot, GH Cocotek 70%, perlite 20% and hydroton at 10%. I am currently feeding 6 times 15 min at around 1 gal for total feeding. Just using ph tap with hydrogaurd atm. 2 strains I'm going to mother in my closet and use the tent for flower. Right now I have a blueberry headband clone in the tent and the nukehead in the closet. I will be using Nukeheads Flower Power nutrients. All strains and nutes are from nukeheads. I'm also thinking of actually recording and posting the link while also documenting on here.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  20. I love that setup! How has your experience with NukeHeads been? I'm still expecting an order from Seedsman and the wait is killing me lol so I've been considering buying from NH to get some seeds in 2 days instead of 2-3 (or more) weeks overseas. Their signature strain looks very promising, but Grand Daddy Purp has long been a strain I've wanted to try my hand at.

• Like Like x 1