Dwarfing my baby plants/inducing flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by captain.crunk, Dec 29, 2008.

1. So I have two seedlings and I am thinking of switching them into their flowering state once they grow a few inches tall but I'm not sure exactly how. Should I just introduce them to 12/12 sunlight? Or should I use a HPS?

2. I'm interested into knowing how you would go about getting 12/12 sunlight, so go HPS.

3. lol..

4. Use the HPS and switch to a 12/12 light cycle. Just remember that not properly vegging your plants will result in substantially lower yield.

Good luck.

5. d3rp.

What can I do to help my plants veg better & are two cool bulb CFL strips enough?

6. Feed them properly in the correct size container and keep them on 24/0 light, as for the bulbs it depends on wattage.

7. You won't be able to start flowering until the plants are mature enough to flower. They must go through 4-8 weeks of vegetative growth and when they start developing preflowers that's when you know they're ready. Putting them in 12/12 before then will only make them stretch until they rach maturity.

8. ahahaha thats even funnier than the go HPS comment

i have been doing 24/0 this grow for the first time, and so far i can say i like it a lot more than the 18/6 or 20/4 i used to use.

honestly, i dont think there is much point in doing a forced flower grow like that. it's a lot of resources and time used, with very minimal reward in the end. go big or go home!! :hello:

9. i am close to 8 weeks right now, but am nowhere near ready to flower because i haven't received my HID lights yet. i know it is different for every strain, but how much longer can i go in veg? i really want to blast the plants under the MH lights for at least a couple weeks before i flower.

10. You can keep plants in veg for over 20 years.