During a job interview if asked what you want to do with your life, would you say own a dispensary?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by RedEyeCEO, Nov 21, 2013.

1. I was just hired for a job I applied for and during the interview I was asked what I wanted to do with my life. I plan on getting my business administration degree and starting my own dispensary but I didn't tell the interviewer that. I paused for a second to gather my thoughts so I wouldn't blurt out my thoughts and sound like a lazy stoner (what most of you are going to think) I told said '' be an entrepreneur, be my own boss ''. Remember I live in an illegal state. I wanted to say badly, my plans to owning a dispensary but I didn't. Would you be so cautious during your interview?

#RedEyeClub

2. I wouldn't mention it as they are most likely going to sterio type you

3. I work at a cooperative in a quasi-medical state. Obviously i didn't say anything like that (same basic idea as yours), but hey come to find out, most of my coworkers and bosses are fellow stoners.

I guess no, this is not the year to say "i want a cannabis related industry" to anyone you don't know

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. unless its a job with a grow store i wouldnt say anything

5. Here in NC... that is the last thing I would do. Two weeks later I would get a knock on the door by the police saying they recieved a tip that I am running an illegal marijuana dispensary from my home lol.

6. #6 Cawdswallup, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
    No I wouldn't say that. Because I don't want to.

7. #7 RedEyeCEO, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    [quote name="squidrick420" post="19166813" timestamp="1387132695"]Here in NC... that is the last thing I would do. Two weeks later I would get a knock on the door by the police saying they recieved a tip that I am running an illegal marijuana dispensary from my home lol.[/quote] haha sounds like something that would happen in Maryland

8. #8 coraygc, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Of course not.  Just like I wouldn't tell them that I jerk off in the hot car before work some mornings. I would steer clear of anything that could be remotely controversial around somebody you don't know who is deciding if yah get the job.

9. Just say you wish to pursue entrepreneurial endeavors

10. You are supposed to tell them exactly what they want to hear. So no i wouldn't say that.

11. #12 WaxPayne, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    I'd say what this kid says. 

(starts at 1:20)

12. [quote name="RedEyeCEO" post="19192538" timestamp="1387475386"]haha sounds like something that would happen in Maryland[/quote]Try being in the 814 lol cops get people to turn ci over a gram here

13. I live in Washington state and I still wouldn't say that. I wouldn't tell them I wanted to own a liquour store either (I don't but if i did, as an example)