Dumb Question about water...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 5imp7y, Feb 18, 2013.

1. So the area I live in, tap water just wont do it. It is ver high ph and has nearly 600 ppm of mystery. I am going to run 2 DWC buckets (5 gal). And from my reaserch i see that 2 weeks is the typical time to change the water. What do people in my situation do for water? I was going to buy those big 5 gallon jugs but they are 14$ at walmart... Thhats going to add up to 336$ for a 3 month harvest. I feel like that might be a bit to expensive....

any help is appreciated. Thanks :smoking:

2. Filter it, or look up RO. 600 ppm for tap, what is it well water, that's really high.

3. Get a reverse osmosis filter. A jug or two at a time from the store is ok but beyond that a filter will pay for itself.

4. If you wanna do it right.. You make 0ppm water as a base before even thinking of adding nutes or buffers...

[​IMG]

Here is another one on the sink, just cuz I like options, simple...

[​IMG]

And if you add a float valve and a pump, you got a mobile reservoir to automatically shutoff the RO water when its full.. Make water when you sleep bro, screw the bs..

[​IMG]

5. Its tap city water. Im assuming its trace elements from the clensing process... i dont drink it and i dont know how to filter it... those pictures looked like sedimemt filters. Dont i need a lime filter too? If i can make a filter system for a 15 gallon rubbermaid that can clean up when done and fit back into the rubbermaid, ill do it. What filters do i need specifically? Thanks peeps:)

6. Negative..

Sediment, Carbon block, Chloramine block, Ro membrane/ DI crystals..

0ppm...

7. #7 5imp7y, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  8. Say, I dont use the one with a booster pump, my water pressure is decent at the sink, the booster pump rig was for a house I had with shit pressure and its driving two membranes for a 1/1 water to waste ratio..