Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

DUI while smoking in a parked car?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Enron FTW!, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I live in MA where weed is decriminalized. It holds a 100$ fine for under an O. My question is, if i am sitting in a parked car with my friend, and we are hotboxing it, and a cop sees us, can he charge the person in the drivers seat with DUI if the car is parked and there arent any keys in the ignition? Is there anychance of a DUI? or will we just get the 100$ fine?

2. dotn quote me but i dont think they can. i heard u had to have the keys in the igntion even if u just have the radio on.

3. Yes, they certainly can. If he's in the driver's seat, it's considered a DUI. I had a friend who was at a bar and decided to not drive home so he took a nap in the driver's seat until he sobered up, cop knocked on the window, hit him with a DUI, now his liscense is suspended.

4. But if noone is in the drivers seat? then can they do anything to the owner of the car??

5. If they're not behind the wheel the most they can do is hit you with a possession fine. Just act like you're in the back because you don't plan on driving.

6. they can still give you the DUI if the keys are inside your car. the the best thing to do would probably just put them in your gas cap or behind a tire or somthing like that??

7. you cant get charged with a DUI if you dont have your car keys with you im pretty sure

8. Well they can, but if you chose to fight it in court you'd probably win if you were really not doing anything bad.

9. Yeah that's what I've heard too, but an easy solution to this..... don't hotbox. Honestly other than seeing all the smoke I don't know why people hotbox it will only get you higher if you smoke absurd amounts of joints or blunts, anything but joints or blunts won't get you any higher. And for it to have a noticeable increase in how high you are like I said it has to be a bunch of j's, blunts. It just creates unnecessary risks.

10. yes he can, you are close enough to the ignition and able to drive at any moment...thats what they will say anyway

11. Ok I skimmed the post on here but. But this is my example.

My brother was drunk one night in some random town about 50 miles away from home. The town happens to be having some big event and the hotels are booked. Not wanting to drive drunk he asked a cop if he could sleep in his car.

The cop told him to put the keys in the glove box and he should be good.