Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

DUI probation,and MMJ card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by willierocks1029, Apr 19, 2011.

1. #1 willierocks1029, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
    So I was pulled over a couple days ago for being high while driving in GA. I got charged with a DUI and Possession. We got rid of all the weed so I don't know how they have us on possession but anyways I can expect a year probation. I have Socialized and Generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and also Irritable bowel syndrome and was self medicating because nothing was working and I was tired of the Benzodiazapines. Anyways could I move to Colorado and get a MMJ on probation?

if more info is needed please ask :)

2. ouch. Tough luck.
    I would ask lawyer to bring down sentences.

3. Yeah... the lowest is probably going to be year probation and license suspension for a year. I want to know if i could move out there on probation and get a MMJ card. It helps with my anxiety IBS and depression

4. this same situation happened to me, except my friend got possesion, if u dont take the blood test auto 1 year suspension and probation for like a year, but if ur u got enough money i say fuck the law and get the hell outta that state.

5. well i took the blood test and ga has a zero tolerance law so even if i hadn't smoked i would have by law dui... ugh GA sucks ass. but could i get the probation officer to move the probation to colorado?

6. Well if your charge is just possesion your bound to the state of GA. Not by FEDS. That being said. Colorado isn't going to change the fact You drive and medicate! Pay your due's! Move on and learn a lesson!!

7. i'm saying i got rid of all the weed. i don't think they have any evidence of any weed. its my first anything on my record so i should get off easy i'm just saying could i move on probation and get a card?

8. i'm pretty sure you can get a lawyer to get you a lower sentence. Was this your first offense? I wonder because i am in the same boat except i live in PA

9. yes it was my first offense and i have no record. usually a year probation is as good as they can do

10. really??? In Pennsylvania, it can be 6 months ARD probation (I mite of said it wrong). ARD is pretty much community service. well regardless good luck man, hopefully your lawyer can get it dropped altogether

11. well its like minimum 40 community service hours... can knock that out in a week. suspended license for like a year unless u take some driving classes. gotta take a drug class and shit. and of course probation which is what i'm mostly worried about.

12. I need it for my anxiety and depression... I'm literally going insane

13. You can still get away with smoking on probation. GNC sells drinks that you drink like 4 hours before the urine test, and it makes anything in your system, including marijuana

14. yeah but i want to know if i can move and then get a MMJ card on probation

15. I would take the charges to court. If they didn't find anything they have no way to prove it. Get those charges dropped man!

16. I am... but they got me on DUI no matter what because of GA's stupid zero tolerance law.

17. come on i really need help... my antidepressants aren't doing a good enough job and my life is crumbling

18. Since they didn't find evidence for possession, why did you submit to a blood test? In GA can they make you take a blood test if you object and submit to a breath test? If you can afford it, get a lawyer because although you tested positive, there is no way to prove when you smoked or if you were "impared" under the law. Good luck dude.

19. you can't move on probation. you are quite stuck sir.