Due Date

Discussion in 'Movies' started by psychoperson25, Nov 8, 2010.

1. I was amazed there were no threads about this movie on the first four pages.

It is about a man who is trying to get to California in time for the birth of his child. He is unable to make it due to being put on the no fly list because of someone he met in the aiport. By a twist of fate he has to travel across the US with the guy he met in the airport.

I went and saw it on Friday and thought the movie was awesome. It was a solid comedy and easily the best this year to me. It will probably go down as a great stoner comedy. Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis bounce off of each other comedically much better than I thought. This is probably Zach's best role in my opinion. Although he plays a similar character to the Hangover it is much better.

To me it was a 10/10 I thoroughly enjoyed it and was definitely worth seeing in theaters to me. To me it was better than Get Him to the Greek.

So if anyone else has seen it chime in with your thoughts.

2. Haven't seen it but it sounds to me like The Hangover, with the cliche happy ending and random jokes every 30 seconds.

3. Comedies having happy endings makes them bad?

I loved it so different from a lot of comedies I have seen. You can tell it is the same director though.

4. Well no, a comedy ending happily isn't bad per se, but you sort of know the outcome going into this movie; the characters go through some ordeals but everyone's happy at the end.
    Did the movie have the same type of humor as the hangover?

5. I thought it was better than the Hangover. It was similar in the fact that a lot of really crazy stuff happens. There is some gross out humor. There are some really really great lines in the movie.

It has a similar type of humor but it is definitely different.

If I could compare it to a movie's humor I would probably say Forty Year Old Virgin meets any number of road trip movies.

6. I rank this movie with pineapple express....yeah I enjoyed it that much

7. I thought there might have been one funny part the entire movie. Nothing really made me laugh like I have in other movies. I was pretty disapointed I expected a lot out of this film

8. That is your problem. Every movie I see I just expect it to be entertaining. Not amazing or 10/10

9. Can you blame me? The Hangover was hilarious because of him. I don't expect amazing out of every movie not even out of this movie

10. ...Dad...You were like a father to me...

11. No I don't blame you. But after the Last Airbender and many other movie disappointments. I have learned.

What are you a girl?

12. Why would I be a Girl :confused:

13. thanks all!

14. Saw it today and didn't really enjoy it. Not too many laughs and I thought the weed trip scene was exaggerated as hell. Hangover was much better

15. Weed trip was exaggerated but it was so funny.

16. i heard it was a pretty big disappointment tbh.

17. If anything it beat my expectations

Yeah I know what I said earlier in the thread. But I thought it was the director just making a movie riding on the popularity of the hangover

18. i saw on rottontomatoes.com it was ranked HORRIBLY.

don't get me wrong, i'm sure i'll see it, just not in theaters.

19. Critics don't understand today's comedy.