Dude, BP is completey FUCKED!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 28, 2010.

1. Be concerned, not worried. :p

Like I said I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, but again a lot of people have gone through it. If half of the fucking retards in America can find jobs, I doubt your father will have much of an issue. Will it suck? Yeah. Will he make as much money? Maybe not. Is he going to die? No. Is it the end of the world? No.

You and your pops can get through it, mang. Be resilient.

2. #42 soapman, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    What?:confused:

Yeah you wanna stick a plastic tube 1 mile under the ocean, pressure down there will collapse that tube in a heart beat. It probably wouldn't even make it that far. And than you want to attach that to a ship?

So let's recap here. If (totally hypothetical here, and impossible, but we'll just say) So if the tube reached down that far...You than want to suck it out and store 1 million gallons a day on a boat. By now there would have been what almost 30-40 million gallons on that boat?

They did figure it out, but it's a little hard to close a well that is spewing millions of gallons of oil out of it at the bottom of the ocean. I mean it's not like it's a texan oil field.

Don't mean to be a dick, but that was the worst idea I've ever heard.

3. They won't go out of buisness, the money they've spent so far "cleaning up" ammounts to the profit they make in a week. You can't touch these companys, our world is fucked.

4. why do companies like bp get permits for oil drilling yet they don't have a back-up plan if something goes wrong?
    i just don't get it..

5. Because making fun of people is an easy way of downplaying that they have their shit together, and you don't. Like the geek in high school.

"losers, what kinda of pussy has things carefully thought out and under control?"

Before anyone attacks me for attacking all americans, I live in texas, one of the most proudly ignorant of all our states.

6. Diverting it sounds like a GREAT idea to me. All you need is a damn hose. install it full of water or drilling mud or whatever so that pressure is equal and it doesn't collapse, and the oil would just push whatever the placeholder was up the pipe ahead of it.... not complex. Hell, one pipe can't do it.... get 50. They're a massive company that DOES have the ability to figure something out. Something better than dropping "dispersants" to hide the spill at the cost of even MORE nature damage... they're hurting, not even helping, and not doing nearly what they need to to clean up their spill in the places where they're actully trying instead of hiding it underwater.

Seriously, why has the government not seized control of BP yet? We spent the last century quasi-legally "busting trusts" or whatever, why can't we break apart a dysfunctional company that's destroying the gulf and doesn't seem to think they're answerable for it? SOMEONE else needs to be running shit, I don't care if it's a trained ape....

7. I'm almost positive it's BRITISH petroleum. 'Better petroleum' seems to be their 'image'

8. :rolleyes: I would type a long ranting rebuttal, but I just threw up on my keyboard from reading this post.

9. British Petroleum just announced the mud plug thingy has failed. :(

10. #50 Senior PoopiePants, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  11. Oh, come on. Plastic, metal, Titanium - WHATEVER! You know what I'm fuckin getting at.

DIVERT IT.

Make a fucking pipe MADE OF SOMETHING STRONG that can perhaps be assembled on a factory-ship as it goes from the leak site to the surface. Where it meets the surface, build a repository and let it collect there until we figure this shit out.

Come on, man. The Transatlantic Telephone Cable was implemented in the 1940's. I'm sure that wire traveling all those thousands of miles was protected by some kind of pipe or tubing.

He have the technology and the resources to do this shit - I don't know WHAT the fuck is going on. It's like I'm taking crazy pills or something. This could be fixed.

Once again - now that I clarified my idea, please tell me how this could NOT work. Thanks.

12. They want to nuke it! I had no idea they nuked a fire that burned for 3 years in russia until today... what is wrong with the world I will never know

people just solve big problems with bigger ones. ugh!

13. Now we're getting somewhere. Nuclear fucking weapons. Awesome. Why didn't I think of that. Nuke the mutherfucker.

14. #55 soapman, May 30, 2010
    Well if you're so confident that your idea will work, pitch the idea to the govt don't tell a weed site about it. I agree that diverting it is a good idea, I just don't agree with your idea to support the diversion that's all. I don't think it will work. I actually think BP came to the conclusion the diverting is a good idea as well...hence why the only permanent fix is to drill relief wells, the down side that will take time, a good 2 or 3 months till it's complete.

So let's do some math shall we?

If the well is spewing between 18 and 40 million gallons in the month it's been pumpin oil out. We'll say for worst case scenario, it's pumped out 40 some odd million so far. 3 months to complete relief wells, well that well would have pumped out at worse 120 million gallons of oil. It doesn't seem all that bad compared to Ixtoc which when that rig blew up 140+million gallons leaked out in the Gulf of Mexico....Or perhaps the 460million gallons that spilled in the Persian Gulf during the Invasion of Kuwait. Where 2-3 million oil drums alone washed up on the shores of Saudi Arabia.

It's the price we pay for being dependent on such a ecological devastating thing as oil. I mean have you ever spilled something that you grab to drink? It's the same concept, you can't be pumping oil out of the ground putting it on boats transporting it around the world and NOT expect some kind of spills to happen.

If you feel so strongly about this as you do. Stop driving your car, trade it in and get a nice bike...than you don't have to support these companies any more. Otherwise people need to stop complaining. You can blame BP all you want brosef but it's the consumers that require BP to drill oil out of the ground to supply you with oil to keep your motor running, put gas in your car to drive around, and all the other purposes oil serves to humanity. In all reality I could point my finger at you and myself to blame for this very incident.

Because it will do one of two things....It will fix it OR it will make it way worse than it is now, what if it causes more wells to start spewing oil out. You gotta think about the power a nuclear weapon contains.

15. I was being sarcastic when I suggested we use nukes. :p

16. I don't have a car.
    And I was only clarifying what I said before. Smoke a bowl, dude.
    And even if I did have the winning idea - like they'd give me their time. Haha.

17. #58 RooRshack, May 30, 2010
    No, park your car.

I don't own a car, I have a road bike.

nope, sorry, just cause they where drilling oil to sell the public at large doesn't mean that it's the publics fault BP pinches pennies and didn't have the proper relief setup already in place.

And waiting for a spill and then saying "But you can't blame the people who spilled it, they where going to sell it to you!" is just pathetic. If I where running drugs and killed someone, it would not be your fault because you take drugs, it would be my fault, because I killed someone.

18. sadly we will be seeing more of this..fuck BP

[​IMG]

19. #60 soapman, May 30, 2010
    I don't smoke weed. And I'm not mad about anything. I think you're taking my opinions way too close to home. I'm not trying to offend you. I just don't agree with you. Is it really that big of a deal that I don't? People these days :rolleyes:

Good, park your car, and let it rot in your drive way....sure, you could do way better things than that, donate it, scrap, fuck dude I don't care what people do with it, but the truth of the matter is, as long as people are driving companies like BP will always NEED to drill oil to keep those people moving. I mean have you ever worked for a company that cuts corners...I know I have. Everybody acts so surprised that BP cut corners and acts like their own place of work is some high and mighty business that is completely legit. Everybody is just pissed it's happening, but you act like it hasn't happened before and we won't fix it...it's happened twice now in the gulf. I mean do you not see how this is bound to happen just by the fact that oil rigs are out there drilling and we're transporting it everywhere.

And you're whole lame ass drug analogy just proves the point I made. If I was buying drugs from you and you killed somebody...Would I be blamed for it no, of course not, they can't put that on me, you did kill somebody, but had I not been buying drugs from you in the first place than you wouldn't be in business and you would have no reason to kill someone except for your own narrow minded reasons. Which are your own and you would suffer your own consequences for that.

Will the public be blamed for the whole BP thing...of course not....Is BP going to blame their consumers for this happening no! That's not how it works...Can I blame the public for the BP incident...absolutely. Does my opinion mean anything to the public? Nope.
    It's not like I don't think BP is at fault for this either, but had people not been so dependent on oil to begin with a lot of oil that's been spilled into the worlds bodies of water would have never happened.

You and I'm sure everybody else that is crying about the situation is that you want it fixed NOW, today. Yet, you don't understand it's not that simple. So honestly if you're gonna bitch and whine like you are, than get out there and help clean it up, god knows they can use all the help they can get. Otherwise keep your fucking mouth shut. It's not like you have some brilliant idea to fix it bellowing in the small working part of your brain.

yes, the aftermath of this will suck for a very long time, clean up will lick donkey balls. But you act as if this has never happened before. We're still finding things to clean from Exxon Valdez. And we'll find things to clean up from this incident over the next 20-30 years...maybe longer who knows.