Drying Set-Up Recommendations/Links

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Deleted member 1089694, Jun 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I'm going to need to dry inside my house due to staggered harvesting. Smell is my main concern. I'm overwhelmed with options, DIY set-ups, carbon filters, charcoal, ionizers, negative pressure, etc.

Can you guys with experience just link me some options for a good setup? Tent, inline filter and fan? What should I focus on and what's not necessary? How are you venting?

My first idea was to set up the tent in my attic where there used to be a wood stove, so I though this is perfect cause I could just run ducting from the tent to a chimney and vent out the house. But the temps in the attic around between 80-85 degrees, so too hot.

Help me out guys, got about 3 weeks untill the first cutting so I gotta get my ahit together and ordered. Thanks!

2. Need budget parameters.

3. I mean I want to spend the least amount possible ideally, but I'll spend what I need to so I dont lose months of work in 5-7 days with bad drying.

4. Also just learned of an old barn/pole building I could have access to for drying, but would obviously need to handle heat and humidity inside of there. It's just a huge open area inside, I can build whatever I would need to, tho.

So what do you all think? My buds are looking amazing and I dont wanna F this part up and ruin it all.

5. I've never dried outside, so hopefully somebody will come along with a specific answer for you.

I dry in an old 2x2 tent with fan/carbon filter. I use Phresh filters and Vortex fans. They are higher priced though, but have worked very well and have been consistent performers.

In the past I have seen lots of posts for "all in one" purchases such as those offered by Amazon. A diy search should net you plenty of ideas. Building for drying sounds interesting. I'm not sure what would work best for you and humidity. It might be prudent to test the barns temp/humidity first.

I also utilize an air purifier when I harvest (or when room air gets stale) and that piece of equipment has been tremendous help a lot.

6. Do it inside set the ac to 70. The humidity should rise enough with the plants in the room. Maybe a dehumidifier. You can run just a carbon filter and fan and have an overhead fan in the room going.

Outside is rough. I’ve done in October and July. Takes 7-10 days in October and 2 in July. If your a day late doing it outdoors your gonna have hay that turns to dust. Depends on temps outside how long it will take.

When it’s dry on the outside you can buck it off branches and put into bags to check humidity with hygrometers. Then trim it as you have time unless you got a crew.

Have a good one and stay safe!

7. Can you recommend a carbon filter that I could use in a small closet with no outside access to vent to?

8. Get a fan and filter combo off of amazon. 4in should be fine, but 6in would be useful later if you don’t have one for your indoor grow. Put it on a plastic crate so it’s off the floor and just run it. Your only scrubbing the air so it doesn’t smell, you won’t need to vent it anywhere.

9. You talking a kit like this?

This seems to be geared toward an online set-up, which I think you're saying I dont need since I'm not venting outside.

10. Link doesn’t work for me.

Online setup. I’m guessing in line is what your saying.

11. IMG_4533.JPG

This is what I’m talking about. Just let it run in closet or in the room outside of closet. It will clean the air of the room.

Set it up off the floor on plastic crate.