Drying Process

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MJgirl88, Oct 27, 2020.

1. I’ve been drying since last Thursday, five days now. It’s been consistently between 50 and 60 degrees where I’m drying it. My humidity has had some fluctuations, though, but I fix it as soon as I see it I fix it. I’m pretty quick about it since I’m constantly keeping an eye on it. Humidity has been good the majority of the time between 45 and 55. There were a couple morning I woke up though and my humidity was at 39. I brought it back up quick. Then one day it jumped up to 67 not sure for how long either. My buds don’t feel overly dry, but the stems are snappy already. So question one: Will these fluctuations affect my taste or quality?
    Question two: Since my stems are snapping when bent, is it ready? It’s only been five days

2. 1. no, a nice long cure affects the taste more than anything. if its a really fast dry in 10%rh, that will affect the taste, but at 40% and up, you should be ok.

2. no (technically shouldn't be ready for the jars) I hang for 2 weeks, 50-70% rh

Cheers!

3. Ok. So up to 70% is ok. I’m thinking about keeping it a little higher since I’m only five days in. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I aim for 60-65% rh as that is what I want it to be in the jar. If my drying room stays steady at 65... ish... I don't even think about jars for a few weeks. At that rh, the drying and curing takes place at the same time in a more open environment with less risk of mould.

5. Makes since. I appreciate your input.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My average time to stem "snap" is 5-7 days, then into the jar with a Boveda pack. I cure for at least one month if I have stock on hand.

• Like Like x 1