Drying outside, Temperature Question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Guadalope, Aug 25, 2009.

1. What temperature should It be for my buds to dry outside?

Going to be drying them most likely in a shed, it tends to get hot as hell in there (you'll sweat from being in there for a minute(summer conditions)) so I was thinking of putting fans because that seems too hot.

Though I'm not sure how long it'll take for them to finish budding, so it may get cooler, since it is already almost September.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

2. Would someone like to answer.... this section of the forum seems useless.... no one ever responds...:(

3. ye this will work u dont really need a fan if its outside . this will take longer to dry too

4. Thanks, mayne, you happen to know how long? A guess'timate? I've never done this shit before, so I don't know how long it'll take other than when the stems can snap.

5. Could take 7-15 days or even more outside drying. This depends on the weather is where you live, if you hit a dry hot spell they couold dry faster more on the 7 days end of the dry time scale. If your experiencing wet rainy, even humid, humidity means there is ALOT of moisture content in the air so then your drying will take longer more twards the 10-15 days. Either way you should end up with some tastey smoke.

6. also if it's warm and humid you definitely have to take care of your ventilation otherwise your good stuff catches mold and you're royally f'ed...