Drying in a Kegerator?!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by burnintrees407, Aug 2, 2012.

1. has anyone ever tried this or had to?! due to events that were unforeseen and couldn't be stopped, options for drying are either outside in ridiculous humidity, or my keg. I planned on putting a thermostat inside and turning the keg down till it hits close to room temperature. probably gonna put a small fan inside to keep somewhat sufficient air flow to try and avoid mold, as well as ******-rig string to hang the branches. obviously the keg shell and co2 wont be in there, so there will be decent space to dry. just curious if anyone has done this or if you guys will think it'll work?

2. no good, unless you leaving the door open in which case you may as well hang em in a closet. moisture wont escape and mold will be inevitable!

3. [quote name='"LilJ86"']no good, unless you leaving the door open in which case you may as well hang em in a closet. moisture wont escape and mold will be inevitable![/quote]

I can easily leave it cracked or wide open for a decent amount of hours but I'll eventually have to close it. I'll have a fan in there and the keg would be room temperature, I'm just trying to avoid mold at all costs. would drying outside in nasty ass humidity under a tree or in a hot as shed give me better luck??