Drying Box Idea

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Vincent16, Oct 3, 2006.

1. I am in need of a discreet way of drying a plant. What i've planned to do is build a box just big enough to hold my plant with enough room for air to circulate.

I was going to use wood, and have two air intakes at the bottom made of PVC pipe with 90cfm fans sucking air into the box. At the top there will be one air outtake with a homemade carbom filter. There will be a big hole for the outtake, but not bigger than the two intakes combined, and will have a fan attached sucking air out of the chamber. Will this adequitely dry my plant, and also keep the smell from escaping?

Any additions or suggestions would be a huge help.

My homemade carbon filter is from these plans:
    http://www.gardenscure.com/420/security/60127-ryoko-builds-diy-activated-carbon-filter.html

- Vincent

2. I use an old dryer... technically it still works so I have a legit reason to keep it.

I use wooden stakes inside as rungs n hang my bud from that. It's a great drying box because I can regulate how much air circulates by how far open the door is.

3. Sounds good, Vincent, hope it works for you.

4. Well all im worried about is mold, and about the buds drying slowly as they should. Do you think this method would dry them too quickly, I dont want a harsh taste. Any advice woild really be appriciated, 1st grow and i have a 5 1/2 foot beauty in full flower :D So I wouldent want to mess up this late in the game.

- Vincent