Drying and GREEN LIGHT BULBS??????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dragon5674, Mar 8, 2007.

1. :smoking: Someone told me that during the bloom stange and the drying stage that you can put a green light bulb in the room and leave it on all the time and it wont harm the bloom cycle and it wont mess with the drying prosecc eather is this true or was he lying?????? :eek:

2. that's true. plants are not affected by green light, it's the same as total darkness to them. just be sure the room you enter your flower chamber from is dark before you open the door.

3. I would say that this is a bad idea. there is no reason to have a green lightbulb. If you want to look at your plants just look at them when the light is on. A green lightbulb is only another variable and another thing that could go wrong.

4. :smoking: cool i just wanted to know its not for the purpus of looking at the plants i just want the drying process to be dark like it supose to so when i go in tio the room im not messing with the drying process:hello:

5. The reason I think it's a bad idea is that what is green? Is it blue-green, yellow green, lime-green. In other words there are many different spectra of green. If you had a bulb with a specific wavelength of green it probably would work, but you really can't go out and get that unless you're a scientist and have some sort of controller.

Warn

6. umm... so let me get this right if its not for the purpose of looking at the plants, why would you even need it, its not like your growing em in your bedroom...

7. why not, I'm growing mine in my bedroom. it really isn't that complicated. I got this information from my growers bible. plants reflect green light, they don't use it.

8. It's blind to all green light it doesn't matter what shade of green any green in it's wavelength of approx 475-550 nm

9. Well Then... that sums it up. great little peice of info ill kep it in mind could prob think of some type of use for it.