Drying and curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Aeros, Oct 23, 2017.

1. What is the best way to dry and cure, i would like my buds to smell and taste the best they can!

2. 2 words dry trim!

• Like Like x 1
  3. So are you talking about everything? Or remover large fan leaves and trim sugar leaves after drying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

Day 27 of flower and would really like to know the best way to preserve the smell and taste if my buds when harvest time comes around. I have been told to trim dry as in dry first then trim but do i remove the fan leaves before drying then just trim the sugar leaf? Or do i hang them whole plant for 5-10 days then trim fan leaves and sugar leaves all at once?

5. Sorry but i have a SUPER crappy camera

6. Do trichome check
    When cloudy/ amber about to burst you cut head off
    You can flush once ready or give it a shower but don't get buds too wet or humid- cause mold
    Cut all fan leaves without trichomes.
    Cut and place upside to hang for 2-4 days. Some let them hang for a Week or two. Wait until stem is able to break.
    Keep in dark room to dry until good smell and texture
    No fans or heater.
    Temp17C. Humidity50%
    Chlorophyll can be transferred into glucose.
    Keep upside down so plant thinks it's still alive keeping circulation.
    Chlorophyll is last emerged source because roots get no water and leaves get no sun.
    All energy towards the flowers to reproduce.
    Dry slowly so plant uses chlorophyll to convert into sugar.
    Once cut, Keep in jar for curing about 2-4 weeks until like the smell and look. Gets the inside moisture to flow through the bud.
    May place in refrigerator but must be air tight container
    Cupboard is best.
    Open jar of buds everyday for 15 min for week
    Open twice a week for a month.
    Then have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  7. I remove large fans and dry. I cure with sugar leaves on but if you trim do the sugar leaves once dry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. As in keeping rh above 55% during the hang dry or keeping it above 55% in the jar? I'm currently in an area with a 32% rh right now, i will be chopping the girls in a week or sooner, definitely need a Humidifier in the drying area... My rh in the tent has been 50%-42%ish the last 4 weeks of this 10 week flower.

9. Ive been growing off and on for 7 years and i defiantly agree 100% with this.

Trimming wet is easier but the bud dries too fast in my area any way and ruins any chance of curing....

Iv e been experimenting and found about 90 hours hang dry is good enough to move to jars and begin curing.