Drying and Curing Secondary Trichome Covered Leaves

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Danyboy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. HI I am in the process of harvesting one plant which is quite small(about two feet), this is my first grow. I would eventually like to make hash, but I think that with the small quantity of buds I have, it would maybe be best to just dry and smoke the leaves with trichomes which are attached to the bud(not the fan leaves), rather than using it to produce hash. Does this idea make sense?

Secondly, how would you go about drying and possibly curing these trichome covered leaves(I don't know if curing is even possible for leaves). I have read and know about drying and curing the actual buds, but I don't have a good source of info for this.

Lastly, would it be possible to leave the secondary leaves on the bud and dry and cure it with the bud?

Thanks for any assitance! Much appreciated.

2. You can smoke the trim (secondary leaves as your calling it) it dries up really fast, no need to cure it. Some people leave them on the buds during the initial dry, I cut them off right after harvest.

3. #3 Danyboy, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    Okay kwl that's what I plan to do. How do you dry it? Do you just leave in a bag somewhere dark? How long does it usually take? Do you just smoke it or make hash?

4. just lay it out on a screen over night in your house, or put it in big paper bags, distribute it up so it drys evenly. It will dry very fast.