drying and curing properly question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MostlyReputable, Jun 4, 2016.

1. The harvested bud has been hanging for 6 days, tomorrow will be day 7(some was put up a day late though) and some of the buds are still I guess soft-ish. Some are dry on the outside but when squeezed they are slightly soft, that is the ideal state right?

Some of the buds are still soft all around, and not dry on the outside, I'm thinking about putting those in a paper bag for a day or two to finish the drying and then start curing with the rest of the buds.

Rundown: you want buds pretty dry on the outside(crispy dry?) But still have moisture in the middle, so when squeezed the buds are squishy. The small stems should snap, or be close to snapping(still hear the crunch sound, even if it doesnt completley break) and the big stems should be dry enough to bend and hear the snap sound,Is this correct? I've read many different opinions and this is what Ive considered to be correct.

I want to make sure I have this correct, I don't want to lose my big buds, come home and find a jar full of mold.
    Thanks in advance for the responses.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bump, and addition to question .

What would you say is YOUR average drying time?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm in the same boat you are man I just finished it sounds to me you're spot on and they should be in jars about now you can always get a humidity sensor gage I think they're called Hygro meters? And you can shoot for 60% I think if it rises above 1% per hour then open jars lots of stuff on Internet about it but it sounds to me from when I read your post, your about spot on.
    Crunchy on the out and a little moist on the inside. You would be surprised how much moisture they hold when you start looking at those numbers going up in the jar because for me they would seem very dry, and then I would put the Hygro meter in there and the digital numbers would go up to 74 to 75% and higher even though they felt pretty dry on the outside

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Sickomindo, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drying time by the way was about 5or6 days for me but depending on your humidity and temperature and other factors that can be different but mostly keep an ion them in the jars once they go in and burp them try to get a hygrometer.