Drying and curing after the fact

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bertanderine, Jun 30, 2009.

1. As I learn more and more about growing (1st attempt going well by the way) I am starting to inspect the product that I buy with a new eye. The last batch that I purchased has a fresh and pungent smell, nice orange hairs and is very fresh and sticky. Overall I am pleased, however I wonder if it is "too fresh." Said another way, could it be that this batch was not dried and cured as well as it could have been? I am not an expert, but when I try to snap the few stems in my bag, they don't crack and break easily. Could that be a sign of incomplete drying and/or curing?

I know that nothing is certain when you don't grow yourself but I would love to know folks thoughts on this and if there is anything I can do now to help "finish this stuff off."

As always, thanks!

2. Well if it's something you bought I can almost guarantee it wasn't dried/cured properly. It could be something very fresh or some people will moisten it down just to add a little weight. A little curing may help but I wouldn't expect miracles. That being said, when you get around to harvesting your own, a good dry and cure will do wonders for the aroma, flavor and even potency.

3. Not expecting miracles but hopeful that I can do something. Should I take this stuff out of the ziplock bag and let it dry or should I just get it in to some glass jars?

4. Nowadays I cure in ziploc bags, used to use jars but needed too many finally. I would take it out and let it dry for a bit, then cure for a month.