Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dry pipes vs water pipes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fenriz, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Which one do you prefer? Bongs and bubblers, or just regular pipes (like spoons). I prefer water pipes.

2. Water. Smoother. Cooler. Better looking. And it makes you feel that much more... connected? to the piece.

3. I find that water pipes can get you higher, they are wayyyy less harsh and I love em. But I still love my pipe, nothing like the fresh taste of good bud :)

4. Dry pipes just suck. Way too harsh on the throat/lungs

5. Bubblers are my preference, because you can always just not put any water in if you don't want to. It never hurts to have a spoon, though.

6. Surprisingly I like both, Spoons = portability, Bongs just stay at the house for me. Although I like both I feel that spoons give me a lesser high than my bong.

7. Hey guys. You say that if you have a bubbler, you have the option of not putting water in it. Does the reverse work? I have a spoon/dry pipe, and while it's not meant to be used with water, can you put water in it?

8. I like pretty much every method of smoking.
    I use dry pipes when I'm on the move, bubblers when I'm at home, and bongs always. Bongs and bubblers are my favorite.

Bongs get me the highest, bubblers bring out the flavors the best and still pack a great punch, and dry pipes are just ok. They get the job done, but with my tolerance, I feel like I use too much weed with them.

9. yeah but my question is can you put water in a dry pipe?

10. Dry pipes are shit.

11. If you like the taste of bong water.

12. Dry pieces are fine once in a while. But it burns your throat (at least for me it does). Of course how long the stem of the pipe is makes a HUGE difference.
    Bongs and bubblers just smooth everything out. The water filters the smoke to some extent, but more importantly cools the water down so it hits smoother. My favorite thing is to put ice cubes in the water. That shit feels NICE.

13. if you want to look stupid you can. there is no spicket fucking thing going into the water to make it bubble so it would make no sense to do it

14. love my bubbler my favorite

15. I need to get an mini bubbler

16. You can't really put water in a dry pipe. I've seen someone put water in their spoon and It didn't seem to do anything to the smoke but you could hear it.

What you can do is make a bong with your dry pipe, depending on its shape.
    I just made a killer water bottle bong with one of my glass straight pipes.

17. I love my bubbler and bongs are awesome so I definitely prefer water pipes, but I like how easy it is to carry around a spoon pipe. Most are pretty cheap and great when you're out for the day.

18. If you're feeling thirsty, go ahead and put some water into your spoon.

19. Glass bongs are my favorite.