Dry Leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Candyman7, May 28, 2009.

1. Hello GC members.

With an indoor Hydro setup at 8wks of flowering, a plant has all the remaining shade & sugar leaves turning to dust. This plant is near its end of life, is this normal?

I am quite certain nutes were stopped too early, however other plants are still looking OK for plants at end of life. It almost appears that the bud is drying on the stalk, if that is even possible.

Would you harvest this plant or wait an additional week for more amber trich's? Any insight into this condition and its cause would be excellent.

Thanks!

2. ya man sounds like you stoped the nutes a week to early, on dro systems you dont flush til the last week, soil its two. and yes the buds can dry on the stalk, if they are dring like that you might as well harvest it and enjoy what you did get out of it. happy havest man :)

3. Would the addition of molasses help to offset the lack of nutes?

I have one LARGE cola that still has white hairs, possibly 2 wks out yet. Is it typical to have such a large deviation in harvest times between same type plants under same light?

Learned a lot during this for sure!

4. Molasses feeds the beneficial bacteria in the soil/water, it isn't an actual nutrient that the plant can use. A small dose of a balanced fertilizer won't hurt at this point, it will be flushed out next week.

5. Thanks fellas.

I have harvested the undernourished plants and will now be adding some nutes for the remaining. Hopefully it all works out.