Dry in the worst of times

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 907freedom, Mar 6, 2013.

1. So, I've been dry for a while due to lack of funds or friends that will smoke me down.

The problem is that I fucked up and this is the most stressful I've Been in a while and my back has been acting up because of it... Headaches as well. So, no ganja to help with that.

I robbed a house like a retard, and now am suffering the repercussions. Don't put me down for it, I feel bad enough as is.
    The case is still early so I am not entirely sure what exactly will happen.
    I could get time suspended with probation, or get 5-10 years.

Anyways, what has been the hardest time you were dry for?

2. So you broke into someones house,and stole from them. And, come here and expect us to feel bad for you? Grow up man, get a job, stop stealing from other people, take responsibility for yourself.

If you had tried to rob a person where I live now you prolly woulda been rolled out with some lead in you.

3. Would you still feel bad about it if you hadn't gotten caught?

That's what I thought.

4. Your lucky you didn't get shot.

5. Yuppppp, alot of americas households are armed nowadays. I have my s&w .40 sitting in my closet right now.

6. Too bad in the state I live it isn't always legal to shoot an intruder into your own home, even if they're armed. You must take any reasonable opportunity to escape before using violence.

7. If you have to rob someone for weed, you should stop smoking weed.

8. #9 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    I wouldnt smoke you up either if you robbed someone's house, I wouldnt trust you anymore at all. I hope you get prison time, you deserve every bit of it. If you were a man and truly sorry for your actions, you would plead guilty after working out a plea bargain. Enjoy not voting and not being able to own a firearm.

9. Damn, in Georgia we have a stand your ground law. Once you put both your feet in my house, your gonna have a few hollow points flying your way

10. Man you guys are just living in a completely different world then I am. In Massachusetts the government sends out voter registration papers to all the inmates in state prison. Whatever it takes to solidify the voting base...

11. How is that fair? Give him chance to escape? I get you that if you shoot him in the back with every shot it is pretty obvious what happened, but a chance to escape? Glad we dont have anything like that here, as soon as they enter you can do as you please. I need to read up on that though, so I can get a nice clear definition of what I can and cant do, such as if someone is in the garage.

12. Wish we had a stand your ground law here. Tell me though, what constitutes properly storing a firearm in Georgia? Here you need to leave the gun unloaded, store it separately from your ammunition, lock it up, and put a trigger lock on it if possible.

13. [quote name='"Atlblazer"']

Damn, in Georgia we have a stand your ground law. Once you put both your feet in my house, your gonna have a few hollow points flying your way[/quote]

Ya. Here in Colorado, it's called the "make my day" law

14. Actually he can in his state, he could in mine too. But not while in the system at all in mine (same with Alaska, must be out, off parole or probation), and in Mass. it is upon release. Hmm I thought they couldnt vote after a felony conviction, I guess that is just in most states. Strange, why is that not a federal law? Should be.

15. No, not give him a reasonable chance to escape. You have to use any reasonable chance you yourself have to escape. You can only use lethal force to defend against lethal force, and only if you can't remove yourself from danger.

16. Have to keep it unloaded, but I can have my mags beside it at all times.
    You don't have to have a trigger lock on it, or lock it up

17. #18 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Do you need a license to carry in Georgia? I know in what is it, Louisiana, you dont.

^
    That is insane. It is your home and you have to make an attempt to get to safety in it or leave it entirely. That is wrong.

18. Yeah it makes having the gun pointless if you have to keep it that way. Gun laws are pretty strict though. I've even heard that someone from my area got time because the police stumbled across a sawnoff shotgun in his barn when they were chasing a criminal that they ended up following into his yard. The fucked up part is the guy didn't even know it was there, he had inherited the house and land but was still responsible for what's on his property and it carries a minimum mandatory sentence.

19. Yeah you do need a weapons license to open carry