Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dry Herb Vaporizing vs Joint

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheSwissStoner, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hello Guys,

So I was wondering what's more effective/cheaper to get high on.
    So far I've been smoaking joints and I use between 0.3-0.5g for a joint, which is enough to get me high for like 3-4h (mixed with tabacco). I only use the tabacco so that I use less marijuana => I save more money

Anyways, I was wondering how much weed you need to vaporize for the same effects. Also a joint you can share and it's enough for at least two people (with 0.3-0.5g), how would that work out with a dry herb vaporizer?

Thanks a lot for your help!

2. gl with an answer. people like me get off on a couple stems so it's hard to tell

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

3. I see how everybody has a different tolerance, but are you able to give me like an average. Like how much do you have to vaporize on average to get high?

4. I personally prefer my vaporizer to a joint any day, alotta times I only pack the trench of my pax between 1/4 and 1/2 full and can get myself and one or 2 others decently medicated off it. Never weighed it out to see how much it weighed though. Plus as a kinda bonus you can use abv for making edibles and tincures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks a lot. Could you perhaps give me a rough guess of how much that approximately would be though?

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2gs with a vape gives me that trippy slow mo vision and it hits crazy fast. not like a joint where u gotta wait

7. Well that slow-mo means you're really high. But 2g sounds like a lot, compared to the 0.5g in a joint...

8. .5 still gets me beyond blazed. I cant speak for everyone though

9. Ok, thanks a lot!

10. I'd say .3-.5 grams but next time I pack it up (which will prolly be tonight ) I'll weigh it and let you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11. #11 generic98547, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    You'll still smoke around the same amount either way... and cheap vapes aren't very enjoyable imo so unless you plan on dropping some $$& on a nice brand name vape I wouldn't do it... the cost of the vape would be better off spent towards bud... smoking .5 between two people is already a nice conservative dose going any lower especially with a cheap vape will only disappoint

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

12. I've used both quite a bit and the dry herb vaporizer has advantages but like many people are saying it's different for each person, I can get high off about the same amount of weed from either one. But smoking a vaporizer is not nearly as satisfying as a joint.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I had recently tried vaping. I do think that vaping is more cost-effective but I personally didn't experience the same high. I can't say if one is better than the other, it is definitely a taste/what you are used to thing.

Also, take a read at this article you may find it relatable
    Weed convection vaporizer - Qristy.com

14. I would think if combusting .3 - .5 grams does the job for you.....that vaping it would too. It does taste and "hit" different.....to me at least....but the amount doesn't really change......from my experience

15. I vape and smoke joints. Vaping get me higher than a joint but, with vaping you can save material and make edibles out of it.

16. I used to smoke a lot of blunts but now I’ve been smoking concentrate lately

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Vaping weed oil

Sent from a distant galaxy far far away