Dry Herb Vape Recommendations

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by angeldusted, Jan 16, 2018.

1. So I used to have the zig zag pen (pic below) and it was a pretty good pen but got stolen out of my car a few years back. Recently I decided to go back to just smoking bud instead of other drugs and I want to get a new dry herb vape.
    I work a professional office job (technology), and is where I spend all day during the week and sometimes during the weekend. They are cool as long as I don't smell of it or look too high.

So I in short, I'm looking for a dry herb vape that is portable, doesn't smell, easy and quick to use
    I was thinking about the pax 3, but it's a bit pricey and I'm not convinced it's worth it. I would really like to hear from people that actually have used the products
    [​IMG]

2. I have a Boundless CF. It's my first vape and I'm overall pleased with it. For me, the cons of this model are:
    1) I feel the draw resistance could be less
    2) the battery life could be better (but is fine if you aren't using it like 5 times a day)
    3) I wish there were a way to clean the herb chamber better, which isn't a big deal - when I get new flower I want to taste it unadulterated but there will always be some taste of old herb. I imagine this is a common problem though.
    4) I have a feeling this is also a problem with vapes that aren't "high-end", but I feel like the temperature isn't necessarily regulated well. I feel as though the vape just heats up and up. I could be completely wrong about this as I'm usually feeling the medicine a little bit by the time it comes to it's standard 5min shutoff threshold. I'd have to throw a thermocouple in the damn thing to know for sure if it's regulating properly - and I'm not going to do that unless I'm getting paid to, LOL.

With all that said. I do like to vape, and I'm interested in getting a higher end unit but I'm reluctant to upgrade because how much better could it really be? I'm not the type to get baked on every usage, and this seems to be the major driving force in a lot of the reviews I find on vapes.

3. Takes some know how but my MFLB is about as stealthy as you can get. Every once in a while I think about the pax 3 or other vapes but then after comparing I always happily stay with the launch box.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I have a pax3 and love it. It does smell though, unless you keep it very clean. It fits nicely in an eyeglass case with a vial big enough for 4-5 sessions. In the case the smell is minimal.

5. I have had a Pax 3 for about a year. I had a Pax 1 before that. It’s an ok vape no doubt, but I bought it at peak price($275.)

If I could remake that decision over I would have gone with the Firefly 2.

The dry herb vaporizers in my collection(that see regular use) are the MFLB, the Pax 3, a DynaVap NonaVong, a Vapor Bros, and about a week ago, I got my hands on a next to brand new Firefly 1 for $50(it’s a great deal. A lot of people that had the 1 liked it more than the 2.)

Until I got the Firefly, my favorite was the MFLB, and they work using very similar principles. You control the temperature over a draw through a combination of heat and airflow.

With the 1, the algorithm is automatic, and the highest it will go is 400f, which is well below the point of combustion.

The 2 is built for use with dry herb and concentrates and can be “power tuned to max anywhere from 200 to 500f, though the principles behind the algorithm remain somewhat similar to that of the 1.

Basically it’s a 21st century full convection MFLB, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I've been using the Pax 3 for a few weeks. I love the discretion and ease of use. I've never seen a more discrete vape out there, it looks like a little remote (black one anyway). You can buy the basic kit for $200, which is what I did.

7. My recommendation depends on whether you like to enjoy sessions at home with maximum comfort or if you prefer to have a portable model. Probably one of the best vapes out there for those who are willing to look outside of the mass produced vapes, are the handmade halogen vaporizers called Venus Helios and Venus Apollo. First being a total desktop model and the latter a very powerful portable one. The advantages in Venus products when compared to the other models, are:
    - constructed from natural materials, no risk of strange insulation materials or synthetic plastics glues getting into your system
    - halogen heating technology provides tastiest aroma, thanks to the lower temperature needed in the herb for vaporization as the light radiation combined with hot air improves the effect on vaporization
    - quickest way to vaporize. depending on wishes, a full bowl is possible to empty with a single draw
    - very easy to keep clean
    -looks cool and original

Venus Vaporizers Highest quality hand made Vapes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]