Drummers in the city arise !!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by vaperman, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Sup blades! Probably has been done before but whatever.
    I have been playing drums for about 20 yrs. now. I have a DW 7 piece kit with all sabian aax,hhx,hh and vault hats rides and crashes.Ill post some picks if the thread gets going but was wondering who your most influential drummer is. I have many as im sure you guys do too but my most influential drummer in the last 5-6 years has to be Gavin Harrison. Simply incredible percussionist who is imo the most musical drummer around check it out :metal::metal:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWTTrwx-fs&feature=share]‪Gavin Harrison - 19 Days live @ Modern Drummer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. Have u ever listened to Tony Allen or David Garibaldi? those are some sick drummers man

i wish i had examples but youtube isnt very good when it comes to black music...

3. Hey SF ! indeed i have. Outstanding drummers to say the least.

4. I've been drumming for about 7 years now...My favorite drummers are jon fishman, neil peart, buddy rich...and many more.

5. Nice selection! Peart and buddy was one of my first influences as well as bonham and Keith moon and many more of course. heres some picks of my kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz287/aljc1970/P7270435.jpg

[​IMG]

6. Sexy kit. I've been playing about 5, 6 years. Played in a stoner-grunge band junior and senior year of high school. Now at college, don't have a place to have drums so I've been recording solo guitar sounds and whatnot.

My kit is a Pearl Masters Studio. It's, in full, a five piece (Two up, two down), but I only play a three piece setup usually, also with a Tama Warlord brass snare (not my first choice, but it works well.)
    cymbals go:

14" Paiste 2oo2 HH
    20" Paiste Prototype Crash
    20" Zildjian Medium Ride

Here's a picture from in the studio recording. Sadly, that was our producer's K ride cymbal. HAD to use it though.

Attached Files: