Drug War takes the life of a Marine

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by wanderingway, Nov 27, 2011.

1. [quote name='"wanderingway"']

So you are blaming service members for the actions of our politicians? Many of the service members today joined after 9/11 to protect our country. I was one of them. You think service members hate citizens? That is a bunch of bullshit propaganda. The good people of our country was my reasoning for joining the military. To protect them from anyone wanting to harm them.

and Drew, terrorize the middle east? You obviously haven't been so shut the fuck up. We shouldn't of invaded Iraq, no shit but we did on false lies (FROM OUR GOVERNMENT) and the Iraqi people were happy for us to be there until the militia's and extremist started fighting us. Don't go spurting off at the mouth because you watch youtube videos and think you know what you are talking about.[/quote]

Uh-rah I concur... I joined a year before 9/11 and was in MOS school when it happened. And as us marines are first in I was there already in country when the president delclaired war on Iraq. The people of Iraq wanted to be liberated. I have personal removed insurgents from holding houses captive and stashing weapons ( guns explosives etc) and I remember being thanked by the civilians when I did my job. I remember even recovering a flower from a little Iraqi girl for helping clear the streets of insurgents and their destruction.. I served with honor so others have the right to pop off at the mouth.. Second he's brandishing a weapon they are in raid mode this is the negative effect of owning a weapon and if they yelled police as they are raiding he had an obligation to disarm.. Couldn't see the video but if they were correct and the marine was involved in trafficking then I say congrats not that I am happy one of my fellow brothers are slain but he has brought dishonor to the corp. now if it is found to be wrong house and wrong person then shame on the government Then I believe restitution shall be made and our government need to make correct and do a it can do to prevent this from happening and hold the swat team accountable.. You got to understand something if nothing else that in this line of work where you are presented with a situation with guns there is going to be an ugly out come.. Most of the operations that the swat conducts I'm sure hasn't been all negative this is just an incident that hits home.. But let's look at the facts was he involved in trafficking and also did he present a threat during the raid was the wife correct when they said that the police were shooting outside. Mabey she herd them about to breach and used breaching shells to blow off the hinges before busting door down to begin the raid.. These are facts that must be answered. I understand he thought he was protecting his family( if allegations are true then
    He put his family in that situation)

Another point I am now perusing my career in law enforcement and I do know that in a raid they don't announce them coming like a normal search warrant because of true chance of walking into a dangerous situation ie any alert will give the suspects a chance to arm themselves, get away or destroy evidence.. So there is two sides to the story and we just have to wait till the investigation is concluded

2. I'm not delusional whatsoever. Also I don't call Arabs towel heads. Never have and never will, and find it ignorant to do so. I did join the military to protect the good people of this country which I don't really see as terrorism. You seem like an expert on why we have so many "terrorists". Have you ever thought of applying to a counter terrorism unit? Terrorists aren't people that fight to protect their homeland and the foreigners that occupy their country. Terrorists are those who wish to create fear and/or harm to others that don't abide by a certain religion, race, political standing, etc. I don't stand up for my government, but I will always stand up for the civilians of my country who live life without harming others, creating fear in others, or creating chaos. Same goes for the service men and women.

You are pretty ignorant to much of what really goes on. I can understand and share some of your frustrations but you are directing it the wrong way. You will never create change with ignorance and hostility. Ever.

3. you throw around the word ignorant as if you're some scholar of war in the middle east just because you, supposedly served.

how about the fact that it was Saudi's that attacked us, not iraqis?

and im the ignorant one, :rolleyes:

yeah we really liberated iraq man, lmfao

I will never show or give respect to someone who thinks its ok or goes along with invading another country and murdering innocent people, for fucking OIL none the less, and dont even attempt to downplay that its the pinnacle of why we went there

served for exxon and mobile, not American citizens :(

cold truth hurts, and you will feel hate towards those you shed light on it.

Mission Accomplished - YouTube

4. whoahhhhhhh thats harsh manye

5. You are a scholar of youtube bullshit. Have fun thinking you have a clue on anything while watching youtube videos. I really got a laugh out of your replies. Thanks for this, really.

6. Thats why he got tore up so quick. I didnt know there were so many Marines on GC. I knew there were a few but they really come out of the wood work when some idiot starts bashing the Corps.

Might be a bit of a surprise but we do tend to take extreme offence when some know nothing starts running his cock holster about our brothers or the Corps in general.

Ooh Rahh, Semper Fi and all that other good shit! :devious:

7. we are bread to shoot. it sucks...i've killed plenty of deer and small animals in my young life and i gave it up a few years back...no more guns for me. the thought of something so powerful in my hand just isn't meant to be. guns are a mistake by man.

8. [​IMG]

Yes... we are bread

9. du yu feel reel-e smaht now yu picked up on hiz typo

10. i meant breeded....just kidding...

11. [quote name='"wanderingway"']

He has every right to have a gun. The wife didn't know it was the police. From what I read she saw someone outside with a gun and woke him up. You can't just target a war vet with a bunch of guns outside. There should of been less extreme measures. Also what happened to innocent until proven guilty? How the fuck is someone who isn't convicted of drug trafficking but just suspected of require the use of swat? It seems as the law enforcement are a little trigger happy. The 71 rounds I think prove that.

Also I really don't know why this got way off target but its about the drug war. It is sad. A man was killed with his family in the house with excessive use of fire power on a suspicion. This happened back in the Spring but is back in the headlines and I cannot believe the prosecutors said the shooting is justified.[/quote]

He aimed it at cops, giving them the right to open up on him. And 77 big deal, 77 shots didnt hit and there was multiple police with automatic wepons.

12. [quote name='"Number1Indica"']who cares, whens the last time the marine corps did anything for our benefit?

no really, fucking show me 1 thing they did for our benefit.

securing lithium veins in Afghanistan so you're iphone isn't 10,000$ does not count.[/quote]

Don't hate them. They serve our country. Just because the people that control them are bad doesn't mean they are. This is a horrible thing. If the video is still up I'm going to get with my friend and hack my schools servers and make this play, just to show this.

13. -rep for being an ignoramus in public. He was a normal dude just like you that they busted in his door and shot. Just because you feel the marines haven't polished your cock to standard doesn't mean any person deserves what this man got. I'm prior ARMY so I'm hardly the first one to come to a jarheads defense.

14. Several units from the USARMY and USARNG were assigned to guard the oil derricks on the early invasion and occupation when the extremists were lighting the oilfields on fire. Some ignorant civilians take this to mean that our service people were there to procure the oil. Thinking that the war was about anything other than oil is almost as retarded as thinking a soldiers job was to ask questions. Fighting service people are employed to protect our freedoms by doing what our officials tell them. If anyone has a problem with what the service members are doing then they should take it to the elected officials.

15. They opened fire before the man knew it was police, and before yelling that they were law enforcement. The second they crashed his door in, they shot as much as they could. Nothing gives them the right to do that.

16. You are a moron. The guy is a combat veteran just waking up to people outside with guns. "77 big deal, 77 shots didn't hit", again moron. There were fucking children in the house and when does someone's life become meaningless when they are SUSPECTED of something!

17. If you watched the helmet camera video, it shows officers running up to the doorway and blind firing into it, just so they could fire their weapon.

How is firing 77 shots at someone within 9 seconds of sighting them not a big deal? That does not come across as 'shoot-first ask questions' later to you?

Not to mention the guy's poor son..
    How would you feel if your son woke up one morning to you getting aerated into Swiss Cheese by Arizona's finest?
    I would not wish that on my worst enemy:(

18. “What reasonable person comes to the front door and points a rifle at people?'' he said. “It takes several milliseconds to flip the switch from safety to fire and take out a couple of SWAT officers. I'm firmly of the opinion that he was attempting to shoot at us.'' - from the article

I feel like this guy is trolling himself. What reasonable people come to someone's (I'm sure they knew he was a Marine) front door unexpected, wielding guns and armor, and expect a friendly response after kicking the door in? Poor guy had just woken up to his wife being worried about people with GUNS around their house. It may take just a few milliseconds to take a safety off, but it takes far less than that for a bunch of eager, untrained SWAT members to hustle through a door and shoot a man without asking questions.

19. #59 Number1Indica, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011

you're vocabulary speaks volumes of your intelligence buddy, way to be hostile when im only stating my opinion

who the fuck said military automatically gets respect? there has not been a single war waged in good cause since WW2. jesus fucking christ you are a blind narrow minded kid, grow up

hide behind you're ignorance all you want, it is what it is :wave:

legal heroin production raised by 1200% since this new era of war started

90% of worlds heroin supply comes from......... you guessed it, the country america currently occupies

20. yeah so harsh to be on team not murdering people

LET ME TELL YA