Drug Testing For Employment

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MotaMike, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 MotaMike, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    I would like to hear some input from my friends on here who I trust on this subject.
    I contacted Chunk ahead of time to ask if this subject was OK to talk about on here and he said he had no problem with it as long as it stayed focused on Cannabis only and not any other drugs. I second that!

What I would like to know is how one goes about dealing with a drug test for employment and the reason I ask is because I would like to look for a better job but most all potential jobs drug test and I would be positive as I use it every evening out of my vape. Now mind you I started using Cannabis in 2010 as a means of medicating for depression and anxiety to get off the SSRI's that I was on. I legally obtained a MM card after seeing an MD at a dispensary and I found that weed was better than anything else I had ever used and it could be grown fairly easily and I could have my own medicine for free. That is what I have been doing since that time but now with thoughts of finding other employment I am faced with the reality that they will drug test and I am not sure what I should do? Do I just stop using it for 30 days and then apply for jobs or is there a way to make me pass the test? I have read good and bad about masking agents so I don't know what to believe. I have never used, nor would I ever use Cannabis before or during my job as I think that is irresponsible in my opinion so I am not trying to find a way to go work stoned. We all know you can be positive for 30 days after using Cannabis and that's all it takes to lose a job is these stupid tests that only show you are positive, not under the influence of Cannabis.

I would appreciate any advice from those in this particular forum that I call home. There are other forums discussing this as well but I don't know any of the members for the most part on those other forums and am not sure if I trust their opinions as well.

Thanks everyone

2. #2 Anatman, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    You can have a friend with clean piss, that's always a guaranteed way. Get them to do it in a ziplock bag, tape it near your junk, and voila.
    The 30 days is just a general rule-of-thumb for cleaning your system out. It all depends on fat cells and your metabolism, and your activity level. One of my friends, who smoked daily, was clean after 3 days, but he's very active and has little to no body fat.

If you want to be safe, and do it legally, it's very much worth it to stop smoking for 30 days to get a job. Think about how stoned you'll get after that T-break, too.

With things like this, I like to err on the side of caution. But I have had a friend pass a drug test for his PO using some $60 rubber penis and piss solution. Where there's a will, there's a way.

edit: I understand when MMJ is used for problems like anxiety and depression, it may not be the best to stop cold-turkey for 30 days. I do not have any personal experience with this, so hopefully somebody who's been in the same situation will chime in.

GL

3. Thanks Steve.

4. If you have MD card, couldn't you just explain it to them?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

5. My guess is no! Mike, I have used a masking agent once. I was 19 and an idiot and didn't want to quit. They didn't find thc, but they said there was something else and wanted me to retest. I came clean with the boss, they required that I did 2 weeks of some sort of aa/na group and let me keep the job. And had to piss clean a couple times too.

Taking clean piss into the appointment is probably the safer bet over putting something in yours. That's my opinion, still risky.

6. Thanks gardener. :)

7. Mike - didnt you say that you have a legal MMJ card? If so, I dont get it.

legal is legal is legal. I have a Maine MMJ card and cannot be fucked with if I were to piss positive for pot.

8. I hear on that jerry!! If you already had a job and they tested you, you would probably have a case. But getting a new job, it's too easy to get passed over for the person who pee's clean. Probably depends on the kind of job too. It's def a gray area. I could be totally wrong as well.

9. Is hate to think that legal didn't mean legal - it would be a shame.

But it would figure.

J

10. Everyone throws the "but it's not legal federally" around. I kinda think that's gonna have to change before MJ will be a non issue for employers.

11. That doesn't work here Jerry as far as I know and my card expired in 2011 as I have no need for it since I grow my own.

Really, they can just say the positions filled.

If it's other than urine testing ...............like blood or hair.

Best to be clean, clean.

Wet

13. They really need to come up with a better test. Being "positive" does not mean under the influence.
    What if alcohol stayed in the system for 30 days? Nobody would pass a damn test. It's bullshit plain and simple!

14. You could do a couple things I can think of. If the scenario is you have an offer, or close to it quit smoking at this point. Make an appointment late as possible For the test. A week two whatever. Make the last appointment of the day, if possible. Show up a few minutes late. Claim you can't go. They will be in a hurry to close, you would think. Reschedule long amount of time as possible. Another week two, whatever. All this time flush your system. Back in the day, we used to do shots of vinegar often many times during the day and night to flush. A couple beers and a couple shots vinegar through the night. The beer helped you pee, the vinegar helped flush. I need to preface this with the fact that just because this is what I did, does not mean it worked. I THINK it worked... Have not had need to check if vinegar works or not for many years. Maybe google it,or someone else here knows t works/ not. Given the choice between doing nothing and knowingly failing the test, or trying something, I choose trying. Hope this post is helpful.

15. I believe that companies can legally decide to have a drug enforcement policy that forbids mmj. They'd be monsters for doing it, but when has that ever stopped anyone?

16. When it's specifically recommended/prescribed to me by my doctor you can bet your ass that I'd be arguing this to the bitter end. What gives Them the right to differentiate between medicines.

I know I'm wasting my breath.

J

17. Insurance companies are the ones that drive drug testing for those businesses that require it.

Doesn't matter if you live in a medical state and have a card...

Insurance company - "You don't drug test, we won't insure you.  As cheaply..."

Reefer madness...  :mad: 

18. You are preaching to the choir my friend. :confused_2:

19. That's how it is here in cali. I work in the medical field. I smoke, vape, dab, and eat weed every day. Never before or during work.
    My employer knows that probably 60% of the staff use cannabis. However they will test if you get hurt on the job (insurance) and at hiring (again insurance).
    Since I work in a place that has on site lab testing I carry a bottle of fake urine on my person at all times. Just in case I get hurt ya know.
    http://www.quickfixurine.com

20. #20 MotaMike, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    The tests vary as well. When I worked in security they did a mouth swab not a urine test. Hard to fool that one I would think.