Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug test Refusal- Employer still calls me in for orientation

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iDank, Sep 26, 2014.

1. So I took a drug test at Nova Medical Centers on Tuesday of this week. which i think they send results to Labcorp. not 100% though. So basically I got QF, had the hand warmer attached and at the time of the test, the sample was "too hot" the collector said. At this point i saw her throw out my sample in the toilet and flush it.  then she gave me the speech about how she needs me to pee again made me sign some stuff and said if you leave its going to count as a refusal. I left because i for damn sure was not going to pass...... The employer calls me this morning and gives me the info about training on monday.

The shittiest part about this situation is, I had two jobs lined up, I fucked up the test for this one, but the 2nd job's drug test was the next day, used a friends clean urine, practiced the temp runs and The sample was within range when i submitted it to the collector and I am 99% sure it passed no reason it would fail my friend does ZERO drugs. (i took that test wednesday). That jobs orientation is monday also.

So my question is 

a) how long do refusals take to be reported to employer, could it be that HR is just that backed up? it is a fairly large company about 1700 employees nationwide.

b) do you think if i chose to  start training with the 1st job and two days in they say hey you refused the test, would they let me retake it? or just fire me 

i know ill be safe by going to the 2nd job route but it pays a few dollars less an hour and the work would not really be resume worthy. But the 1st job that i fucked up the dt for, is a reputable company more pay and id prefer to work for them.......should i take a chance and just show up to orientation as long as no one calls me between now and monday morning to tell me otherwise or should i just not bother let them eventually find out i refused and move on. 

2. Honestly its probably gonna take a few days for the company to find out you refused but im guessing the test was so to make you eligible to be under their insurance so if you cant pass it then they probably wont hire you. If they ask just say you want to retake it and maybe they will let you.

To give you an example about the drug test time, in the military, before you leave for training you get drug tested. Weeks later once you're in a different state, they tell you if you didnt pass and get kicked out
    Your company is obviously a lot smaller so it wont take quite as long but its the same idea

3. Sounds like to me the first company is playing catch up. I wouldn't even bother with them and stay with your for sure second company.