Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug Test For Medical Internship

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by brodog, Apr 25, 2014.

1. So this summer I'm getting an internship at the medical school my dad works at.  When I filled out all the forms there was a spot on the medical questionare one that said "physical completed" and then a blank spot, as if it was saying I was going to need a physical.  When I gave my dad the completed papers to give to the health office, they wouldn't take them until I came in for a tubercliosis test.  According to my dad thats all it would be, but that line on the form for a physical makes me wonder if I will also have a physical, and therefore maybe also have a drug test. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on jobs like this and could give me advice

Bonus question: I have many friends who swear by the dilution method, and not smoking when I come back home from college and see my friends for the first time in 4 months isn't an option.  So basically I bought a couple drug tests and was going to try and get clean before I come home from college, then use the drug tests to see if I can pass by just drinking lots of water, and if it works use that amount of water for the real one.  Any comments on this plan would be appreciated 

2. They don't drug test me when I get a physical.. Just drink a lot of water to be safe, if your urine is clear enough it won't be positive, and I don't think they'd retake it for just a physical.

3. Almost all physicals don't include a drug test. They may take your urine to check your health but I seriously doubt they will check for drugs.

4. Is it paid or unpaid internship?

Idk about the medical field but Ive done internships in finance and if they're not gonna pay you they probably won't pay to have you drug tested.

Or maybe they just assumed if you're qualified to be hired, drugs aren't a problem for you lol