Drug Policy in China (Weed/Pharms) Help...

Discussion in 'General' started by frostbitten09, Sep 3, 2009.

1. I have been trying to search but i seem to keep getting very controdicting results.... I might be doing a Study Abroad program for College this up coming summer to China and i am trying to figure out how they are on Mary, and Pharms(pretty much Oxycotin).

Some places said its very easy for a person to go and get Pharms from a Clinic but others said that its hard and if you get cought it is NO LESS THAN 7 years in jail:eek:. Now one place was saying the same about Marijuana, If this is the case that will suck but i will deal with it its worth it for the education.

I have been searching and it seems like everybody has something different to tell So if anyone has any info on the policies on Pharms, and Marijuana in china let me know. It would be nice to go over there and maybe get some of both the whole time, Summer could not be better. I DONT NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO AND GET THEM JUST THE RULES AND POLICY ABOUT THEM. Just incase anyone misunderstands what i am asking, I am not asking for info where just What is Legal or if it is Illegal how bad is punishment and how they look apon it.

SUcks cause i know China has one of the HIghest Opium addiction rate and i know they banned that and some people got the DEALTH PENALTY FOR POSSESSION now that would suck....

2. #2 terradactyl, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    im not sure about pharmys but i've heard China is pretty strict about the mj

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/china/87294-china-marijuana-laws.html

from http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150677

did a little google-ing.. in china it looks like if you're caught trafficking you'll be off-ed, if youre caught buying you get sent to a "rehabilitation" camp

3. youre an american. they can't throw you in jail for 7 years for wanting some pills. lol..

but yeah i just know they have some decent weed in the majr cities. not good. just decent beaster and middie type out door shit. as for the meds, i can't see it being to difficult to acquire a script in china. just tell em you had a script over here for a higher dosage then you want and see if they'll try to just give you a small er dosage to stfu. that way the smaller dosage is actually what you want.

idk if i get bored i'll do some google searches

4. #4 Stoogemeister, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    not to be racist or whatever the fuck. But a lot of the Asian culture and society just fuck with my head. Everything that mainstream china/japan is i just fuckin hate. Everybody just raves over the newest technology and shit i dunno its just like all it is is a sprawling mass of little humans in a concrete, florescent jungle.

And china pollutes like CRAZY! Asia has the most polluted rivers in the entire world

im not saying by any means that America is better at all but, im just used the bullshit over here

And they fucking kill dolphins! They slit their throats so that they release adrenaline that makes the meat taste sweeter. And they fuckin kill whales, both of which are endangered species i mean What the fuck?!

edit: oh yea, and they eat cats and dogs, for fucks sake

5. china isnt the only polluter in asia duuude. Russia, the UKRAINE,, chernobyl anyone? i know they arent IN asia, but theyre close, and wind carries shit. so its not all chinas fault.

dont yuck their yum holmes

6. uh wait is this a thread asking about your opinion on a country? naw i don't think so.

anyways, yeah i wouldn't do anything TOO sketch. i'm not chinese but knowing the culture rather well in general they see pot smokers and what nots as people who are thugs. i know, i don't agree with this stuff, but yeah they are pretty closed minded about ths sort of of stuff.

hopefully you have fun nonetheless!

7. Thanks for the replies. Im not chinese but very interested in the culture, I am a BioChem major, and i want to go to medical school. Most people think O your smart you want to go to med school so why do you smoke and do oxy..... Well cause im young and nothing is wrong with weed, and oxy is better than anything, But people dont see me as the type to do it. So going on a study abroad to China will help plus i am enrolled in chinese language in college. But going on a study abroud and getting cought for drugs wont look that great:rolleyes:

The last thing i will EVER EVER DO is try bringing some with me.... That is such a bad idea deff crossing into different countries. Ill let everyone know what i find out, and when i do go i will make to get pictures... I think a picture smoking a blunt with the great wall behind me would be sick.... Maybe its just me but i want to do that so bad.... I deff will go to a doctor there and try to get a Script Tell them im perscribed to 4 80mg OC's a day and i forgot my Script see what they say... Right now my Chinese is Ok i can understand slow speach, and i can understand written. But only simplified.

8. You mean how like we torture our "edible" animals over here to tenderize the meat. We do the exact same thing that asia does. Don't knock their culture and choice of foods. To some people and parts of the world eating pork is unforgivable, and I bet we look like "crazy americans" to them.

9. Hmm, i have been living in China for a few years now and i have a very different picture:

Firstly, there is a lot of drug-taking going on in China. I know huge clubs where most people are on some sort of drug, mostly Ketamine. Nobody bothers if you sniff it directly from your table. Raids do happen. But since the management is bribing the police, everybody will know weeks in advance what day the cops will be there.

Hashish is easy to get (but pretty bad quality). Many people are selling it as the prices are pretty high compared to the living costs. As long as one foreigner buys it from another foreigner this is pretty save. I have friends smoking in public, outside of restaurants etc. Since marijuana is not very common in China, nobody will notice it.

Recently there were some "drug-crackdowns" in South China. I know a girl who was there when the cops rolled into a club (which probably didn't bribe) to check all customers and arresting around 70 people. Luckily, before the people were checked, the police told all foreigners to get out of the place and only checked locals.

You can see that drug policies are handled differently in other countries. In China, it does not matter what is legal or what is possible, but it matters how the cops are handling things. The police likes to make public examples like raiding one place or executing some people. That is cheaper than going after the real traffic.

Also looking forward to frostbitten's report.