Drug czar says neither he nor President will back pot legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by zoolander, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Drug czar says U.S. won't back pot legalization - Local - fresnobee.com

Gil Kerlikowske, director of the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy, ... who viewed a foothill marijuana farm on U.S. Forest Service land with state and local officials earlier Wednesday, said the federal government will not support legalizing marijuana.

"Legalization is not in the president's vocabulary, and it's not in mine," he said.

Kerlikowske said he can understand why legislators are talking about taxing marijuana cultivation to help cash-strapped government agencies in California. But the federal government views marijuana as a harmful and addictive drug, he said.

"Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit," Kerlikowske said in downtown Fresno while discussing Operation SOS -- Save Our Sierra -- a multiagency effort to eradicate marijuana in eastern Fresno County.

Not in your vocabulary? Well you better pick up a dictionary and learn, mother fucker. What the people want, the people get. And the people will get legalization in 2010, one way or the other!

2. Sounds a LOT like the old guys. Where's the change?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ugh. I hate the Drug Czars.

4. +rep

Everybody else, take note. Talk like this.

5. Statements like that require careful translation.

Here is what he is really saying: "If we legalize marijuana, The people like me in power will lose money! Oh and we don't give a shit about your rights either."

6. Kind of happy they said this. Why? Their reasoning is full of holes and further shows how corrupt they are and how much common sense they lack. I think organizations like mpp and norml will jump on this as an opportunity to show how all of thier statements are self propelled lies. People are slowly relizing the the government has been feeding us lies to fit thier own adgenda! Legalization will happen! Let's hope this footage fuels the fire for the fight to legalize cannabis!

7. My thoughts exactly.

8. +1

Its fucking absurd that they still claim Cannabis is "extremely dangerous" and has no medical benefits. I agree, i think its great because its so easy to prove them wrong and they're just making them selves look more like the evil fuck heads that they are.

9. I actually don't blame them nor do I expect them to say anything different just yet. UNTIL CA actually passes legislation or it's voted in, it wouldn't be smart politically to condone legalization of marijuana. I mean, when it is resoundingly approved by CA (which I have no doubt it will) then they will probably change their stance. But Obama doesn't need to pick ANOTHER controversial issue when he has soo many other things going on...

10. LOL... look at the background.

RISK
    KIDS
    HARM
    MARIJUANA!!!

lol sorry im a bit floated right now I just find the jamboree of words behind the guy hilarious.

11. I lol'd.

12. Dangerous!? Then why the fuck hasn't it killed a single person! Fuck this god damn government.

13. *sigh* how did we let someone who thinks like this get so high up in politics...

14. good thing i didnt vote for obama...or mccain....RON PAUL ALL THE FUCKING WAY!!!! god dammit fuck this country it sucks. and agreed the OP it is time for us to stop being peaceful and laid back smokers that hope the gov't will care because they dont give a shit. There is also a law that drug czars have to agree to that says they cant support legilazation or talk good about it, that could be the reasoning behind this bullshit response. OH! it has no medicinal benefit?! hmmm so whats with medical marijuana then, what about the thousands of studies that show it can alleviate symptoms from chronic headaches to terrible pains of people on their deathbeds. FUCK THIS! from now on we have to demand. WE have to let politicians know, (and especially the presidents for the next election, which im sure obama will run for again) that we will not even CONSIDER voting for them until they address legalization issues and that if they pull an obama(saying yes very good mmj is fine and then turning your back on us) that we will FUCK their shit up. For the next election, although a really long time from now we will have to organize a mass writing of letters, im talking millions of letters saying legalization yes or no and why and tell them that if they say no we are not voting for them. Time is on OUR side guys, the number of smokers is only increasing every year and so are the knowledge of regular people that are waking up and smellin their future burning before their eyes. In closing guys the times of thinking oh no not the feds we cant do anything about them is done, we are the PEOPLE of this country, we are the democracy NOT them. They are the businessmen that couldnt care less about our safety so long as they have their little sheltered lives to go back to. Again with the OP, WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT THE PEOPLE WILL GET, by WHATEVER means violent or peaceful.

15. god dammit I hate this country.

16. Well stated. +rep

17. +1 Could not agree more

18. Did any of you actually THINK that MJ would be legalized on a national front under Obama? It's not like he actually campaigned on that, or even said he would. The only thing he said about MJ that I can recall is that he would back down on MMJ raids by the DEA, which he has.

BUT HE NEVER said he'd legalize it.

19. i agree, but to just shut it down with no reasoning behind it is not nice considering how many young people made him win. it is also BULLSHIT for gil to say "its dangerous and has no medicinal value". He himself came from seattle where he admitted to making marijuana a low priority because theres more important things to worry about. If marijuana is dangerous than what are mushrooms super dangerous? And there was a raid very shortly after he said that by the way.

20. So is he pure evil or pure stupid?