Drug Czar Required by Law to Lie and Oppose Science

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NefariousBredd, Oct 28, 2011.

1. #1 NefariousBredd, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie « Drug WarRant

Responsibilities. –The Director– [...]

(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and
    has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;

In other words, if the FDA doesn't give the thumbs up, the Drug Czar must continue on with the same rhetoric. He is required by law to oppose any scientific investigation into marijuana or any other schedule 1 drug, if the investigation is about beneficial use or supports legalization.

This explains his very limited vocabulary, namely the absence of the word "legalization". Tax payers pay for this.

2. What the fuck, this goes directly against what the gov't said about them "not wanting to be the lie police" when questioned about repealing the stolen valor act of 2006. Fucking federal pigs.

3. So no research for Marijuana as usual, LSD can also be used medicinally for cluster headaches as well, sorry bout talkin bout other drugs but its true.

4. Actually the FDA has approved several medical studies on cannabis. The latest was just a few months ago when they approved a MAPS study on PTSD.

It is NIDA that provides the roadblocks to cannabis study by refusing to allow researchers access to government supplied cannabis.

The FDA is interested in researching cannabis but NIDA is not :mad:

5. ^That's true though. It is the ONLY known cure for cluster headaches. Another substance with miraculous healing properties, but since it can expand your mind and spirit, then the government must keep it illegal, lest the sheeple have their eyes opened.

6. Haha I agree but for the ill minded it can make you jump out of windows as well.. I agree with Timothy Leary that only intellectuals should use psychedelics, but how does one define intellectual, or keep it from everyone else..

Wasn't DEA doing studies on cannabanoids and now as a result of their findings we have synthetic marijuana killing people?

7. Tryptamines are only one of the known "cures" for cluster headaches. It's has a lot to do with vasoconstriction, aka constriction of the blood vessels, particularly in the brain:

Vasoconstriction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LSD has been clinically observed to show some relief of the symptoms, but the research favoring Psilocybin (another powerful, schedule 1 psychedelic) is much stronger. Fortunately for headache sufferers (and unfortunately for psychonauts) there are MANY tryptamies that are not mind altering and still offer some relief.

Fortunately for those who live in more sophisticated and highly evolved areas of the world, psilocybin mushrooms are very easy to produce at home, allowing for instant relief to sufferers. Unfortunately, most of the world is still in a very primitive state, where fears and greed push people to draconian measures such as prohibition of natures bounty.

But I digress...