Drug czar: Feds won't support legalized pot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxrule, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Huge bust and the bull shit is deep.

"Officials say the marijuana-eradication operation will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the exact amount won't be known until agencies can add up staffing, vehicle and other costs."

They already had staff that would have probably cost that much no matter what. :rolleyes:

"Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit,"

What ever. :rolleyes:

"For every acre of marijuana grown, 10 acres are damaged," said George Anderson with the California Department of Justice."

They mean 'for every acre of marijuana eradicated...'. :rolleyes:

2. Damn man i though with Obama as president weed was gonna be legal?

3. Clinton Lied
    Bush Lied
    Obama Lied
    Anyone see a pattern here?

God I cant wait for shit to finally go down in this country.

4. correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't prohibition itself make it possible for these cartels to exist in the production and distribution of illegal cannabis, which in turn funds violent crime and perpetuates a war which under prohibition is unable to be won?

5. YES, you my friend win a cupie doll!:smoking:

They obviously know this also, so the question is why? Why do they insist on a policy thats been a proven failure like prohibition.

6. He will after he gets elected into his second term :rolleyes:

7. You forgot all the other presidents in recent history: Bush Sr. Lied. Reagan Lied. Carter Lied. Ford Lied. Nixon Lied. LBJ Lied. JFK Lied...

I see the pattern and I know what you mean. It's like watching a trainwreck in slo-mo.

$$$

8. There's an argument on multiple fronts.

Pharmaceutical companies would loose a shitload of money if people started using cannabis to treat cancer and whatnot. Hell, they even lose out on AIDS patients that die too young. That, and the government holds the patent on cannabinoids, which allows 'Big Pharma" to hold a monopoly on synthesized versions like Marinol and whatever the other kind is. Marinol is FDA approved after all, and the FDA is under the AMA's umbrella.

Legalization would also allow for the industrialization of hemp, which leads to reusable everything, and clean fuel, which oil, coal, and timber companies would take a huge hit for. The prison industry would take a hit as well.

There's also the issue of consciousness suppression. Legalization of marijuana would also lead to a lot more questions, possibly a populace agreement on world peace, and a lack of interest in monetary possessions. See also: losing a lot of money. But I think this battle is slowly being won by the cannabis consumers. :smoking:

I await my assassination in the mail. :smoke:

9. I agree, it's infuriating. I thought the Obama administration was going to stop the DEA from conducting these raids. Marijuana is essential for a lot of people suffering from a variety of illnesses and I think it's horrible that we waste so much money on this insane drug war. With things going the way they are in this country with this approach to drugs and health care, I really believe it's pretty much over for the U.S.. It's owned by corporate america.

10. this may just be dumb for me to post because anytime i have the flu and i take a hit or two i do actually feel fine. My uncle was going through chemotherapy about 3 years ago and said I know you toke will you please let me have a few hits. Being the good nephew I am i happily obliged. He said the difference was night and day, wasnt naucious one bit afterwords. Fastforward 3 years and I watch my mother puke her guts up because of chemotherapy but refuses to take a couple hits because "its illegal" Anyone that has ever seen there loved ones deal with the side effects of chemotherapy would agree thats its fucked up.

Now Im no scientist but if it makes me feel better when Im sick and made my uncle feel better while going through chemo, why is it not legal. In teh good old state of New Jersey though it seems they would rather keep you sick and down. Dumb post and Im sorry guys just had to rant for a bit

11. Why is everyone waiting for the federal government to do something? Make something happen on the state level

Unless the main idea is to keep complaining but never accomplishing anything by it

12. California approved medical marijuana but the feds are still busting those legal state stores who sell it. Until the older generation finally dies off, nothing will change. It will take at least another twenty years.

There's too much money on the line. Big Pharma, the alcohol industry and the drug cartels are not going to allow the status quo to change. Until then, I'll grow my own. It's just a shame that people suffering from illnesses are being deprived of a treatment that alleviates their symptoms.

It's a very sick society.:(

13. Change at the federal level wont happen until the states put enough pressure on them. I would like to see one state, say California, but preferably Texas (where I live), legalize marijuana completely across the board. Then I would like to see the governor grow a pair and demand the federal government stay the fuck out of their business. Federal prohibition is unconstitutional so the governor would merely use the states rights argument. Should anyone be arrested by the federal government for violating an unconstitutional federal ban then I would hope the governor would have the balls to have arrest warrants issued for those federal officers who violated the states law.

If we are going to win this it has to be at the state level. We need people that are willing to legalize it and then enforce the states laws by arresting those who violate them. That will mean federal police officers are going to have to go to state prisons for violating state laws. Prohibition is unconstitutional and until the states stand up and do something about it it will never get done.

It is high time the states start standing up for their rights and if that means a direct conflict with the federal government then so be it. Once one state does it others will follow suit and the pressure will build to the point where it is no longer an option. The feds will have to drop their ban on weed.

14. I've heard about one bust that happened on tax-related charges

Do you have documentation that they're still raiding dispensaries? I'd love to see it

15. I'd be happy if they just decriminalized weed. Let adults grow a few plants without the worry of going to jail or losing your house. Making it legal to buy and sell would involve government regulation, taxes, and more beaurocracy. The more government in our lives, the worse off we will all be.

16. :rolleyes: