Dropped my phone in the toilet....

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquid-Swords, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Today i dropped my galaxy s2 in the toilet like a fucking moron... It happened while i was at school, so it sat in my backpack for about an hour and a half before i could throw it into a bowl of rice. I took the battery and sim card out, putting the battery and phone itself in the rice, leaving the sim card out of it. Is there anything else i could do to help save my phone? I dried it off with some toilet paper at school, and took the battery out and wiped that down, but i feel like im kinda fucked here... Ive heard that it takes like a day or two for rice to have any effect at all, and im not that patient. Has anyone seen results in a few hours before? I need it for school and work and what not, so i would hate to wait a couple days, only to see no results.. Did i fuck myself by waiting 1-2 hours before putting it in rice? To anyone wondering, i dropped it in post-flush lol...

Fuck me!!!:mad::(:mad::(

2. You might have fucked yourself with waiting two hours :l

3. Not sure how galaxies are but my iPhone 4 had the same thing happen, wouldn't turn on for a couple days and then started working like new. I've had the same experience with other phones/electronics . I would say it should turn on within a couple days once it dries out, good luck!

4. fuck, thats what i thought....but i couldnt just skip my political science class to put my phone in rice, not to mention its a twenty minute walk home...this is shitty cause i really cant afford to be buying a new phone right now...Only had this one for a year

5. Just give it a couple days i guess...it sucks but theres not a whole lot you can do right now man

6. Been there done that.

Although mine wasn't a smartphone. My last smartphone was in my pocket when I tripped and fell into a pool while I was drunk.

Shitty bro.

7. Leave it in the rice for a couple days. 2-3 days. Yeah, it'll suck not having a phone for that amount of time, but that's how long it's going to take to get completely dry. Make sure it's completely submerged in the rice.

And whatever you do, DON'T take it out of the rice before those 2-3 days are up and try to charge it. You will be sorry.

8. Girls have this happen SOO many times.

Cause theyre retarded and stick there phones in there back pockets :laughing:

Ive had to have seen like 10 girls either sit on a smoosh there screen or come out of the bathroom and say it fell out there back fucking pocket and into the toilet lol

Never dropped a phone in water BUT 3 days after i got my first Iphone YEARS ago my mom pushed me in the pool with it in my pocket.

I was livid.

9. Damn, that is shitty ;)

10. Put it in a bag of rice without the battery and hope for the best.

11. i also put the battery in the rice (separate from the phone) should i take it out? And i put saran wrap over it in hopes of creating a bit a seal

12. The battery is fine in the rice

13. Haha happened to me but a little different.

This was when the first iPod nano came out. So In my bathroom there's the sink then this ledge thing that it's connected to then the toilet. So I was listening to my nano while I was shitting and had the iPod the ledge. So I stood up to wipe my ass and as I threw the toilet paper in the toilet and flushed it, then I jerked my head and the iPod fell in the toilet and ripped of the headphones and it got flushed down the toilet...

Talk about a shitty situation.

14. Uhh yeah I would say your phone is FUBAR at this point.

15. No. Not necessarily at all.

My Samsung Infuse got wet at the beach, and traveled home 6 hours with me before I could put it in rice. A couple days later it was fine.

The only way he really would have fucked it up is if he put it on the charger before putting it in the rice.

16. was it salt water?

Cause thats suppose to be like 50 times worse for electronics than fresh water.

17. No. It fell into a cooler with melted ice water :eek:

18. No actually the beach he goes to is raspberry flavored water.

19. my Sony Ericsson w995 fell 2 times in the water. Once in the toilet... and once in a pot filled with rain water.
    both times i immediately took the phone apart, shook it like a mthfkr and then blew with the hairdryer in it. and after some blowing :)p) i put it some where warm (heating element,...). And it still works :) (not the best specifications anymore, but still more reliable than most smartphones & the sound out of it roxx lots of smartphones sounds :p =))