drop your glass pipe? how to fix it.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hash Browns, Mar 11, 2009.

1. can u post some pictures of the damage? hard to say what your best option is going to be without a good idea of what you have to work with. :smoke:

2. It's a good theory, but i'd rather spend that $5 on a new spoon than epoxy.

3. #63 DuceZz420, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    i just broke my bong at the bottom then i looked on google and found this thread and im going to canadian tire soon to get quick steal
    [​IMG]

4. #64 ogiers, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    Although I have been fortunate to rebuild way past "usability" my Roor, and am extremely glad that it is working well albeit not worth risking to use the large pre-cooler in addition to the best things that the Roor provides - the carbon filter, diffuser and bowl, I think I (yes, very stoned, managing a lot of pain this morning) just felt sad about your picture. In addition for cheering you on with your attempt to repair your bong, I hope you have access to another somehow while this one is repaired. In the thread I take you through the first two repair steps, a few days each. But worth the wait.

Holler at me via PM or email if you need any details regarding my repair process (which seems to have gone well, both from a health and usability standpoint. I have added a 3rd external coat of a third material of professional strength based upon the recommendation of a handyman friend, farthest from the area where cooled air passes on the external skin of the repaired join on my bong to reinforce the structural integrity, and so far so good, thank goodness. Good health to you.

5. JB Weld works great

6. e-poxy/epoxy i believe it is cement glue, works like a charm

7. First post here on grasscity!

So last night I was laying in bed and I received a phone call. As I was getting up to answer the phone I accidentally side-kicked my piece over breaking the down stem and part of the hole that the down stem goes down. My question is, will quicksteel be useful here?

IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg

8. I realize this is an older thread but I gotta say y'all are a bunch of cheap bastards..lol

broke your pipe of bong? buy a new one instead of trying to glue it yuck.

9. Actually, friend, some of us who are in chronic pain and have a license and are expatriates, have a very difficult time importing a bong, as they are not available here. The health ministry allows the companies to grow and deliver nice buds, but typically folks use pipes, joints, etc... as someone who was born and grew up in the US and lived there for more than 25 years, I wanted a higher quality implement for utilizing the bud when it became a replacement for very strong opiates and narcotics. It took escalation to the 'national pharmacist' in order to get permission to bring in a single order of Roor items from Germany, and of course even with the two month paperwork drama complete, I still had to pay 30-odd % taxes to get it out of their hands for usage.

Think a bit - if some of us have to find ways to fix a stem issues, maybe it isn't cheapness, but rather expediency, pragmatism, and necessity.

10. just use super glue but burn off the chemicals b4 use it works every time

11. I need a thick glass pipe, all mine seem to be a fairly average thickness, and though I know they're made fo quality glass I can't see any of them surviving a fall to concrete in anything less than 40 pieces haha

12. i fixed my pipe with crazy glue, can i boil it,so ican clean it?

13. Sobe Bottle bongs were the BEST! So disappointing that they switched to plastic bottles.

14. I broke one of the arms off of my 6 arm perc in my bong.

Would it be possible to cover the hole with this ?

It's small, just slightly bigger than the width of one arm.

[​IMG]

15. Epoxy was always my advice for broken glass as well.

16. #76 austyn12, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    uhh does anyone know how to help me i was scarping for rez and i kinda chiped the hole in bowl and the glass peice is inside the bowl

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28hk8j4&s=6

[​IMG]

the black part on picture is the hole sorry i couldnt get a good picture

17. Nothing you can really do about that, man. If don't want to spend the cash on a new piece right now I'd invest in some screens and just use them to keep your shit from getting sucked into that giant hole. :(

18. I'm gonna play some thread necromancy to ask if this stuff might work for the downstem of a bubbler. It is in an area which might get high heat, since it is where the bowl and the bubbler contact one another, and it would be difficult to apply due to the fact that i need to get it in at an angle and there is no way to press the downstem onto the glue except for turning it upside down and letting gravity work.

19. To be honest Epoxy isn't that bad... Like yeah if you stuck a lighter right on the puddle of the hardener mixed with the resin and breathed in the fumes it'd be fucked up, but a little bit to hold your pie together isn't gonna be bad for you that Much and it works lol... Its ratchet but still better than no bowl :bongin:

20. throw it away.

yes, it is bad for you to repeatedly inhale epoxy fumes--- even in very small amounts--- and especially heated epoxy fumes, which may be chemically combining with other less-than-healthy substances.

properly sourced, grown and cured marijuana is nontoxic. just because you're "smoking weed" doesn't mean that you should not care about inhaling toxic chemicals. any amount is bad. unless you like respiratory disease/lung cancer.

and don't give me this "b-but I need something to smoke out of" crap. glass one-hitters are $5. bowls are $10+. get a new one.